Foundation Associate Programme with Chantry Dance Company

Chantry Dance Company

CDC’s Foundation Associate Programme is for young dancers under 16 who are looking to refine and develop their ballet technique. 

It is suitable for those who are not quite ready to join the CDC Associate Programme, or for dancers who are already Associates who would like an additional classical ballet technique class each month.

The programme aims to:
* consolidate a classical ballet technique
* prepare dancers for the demands of contemporary ballet technique
* prepare dancers for possible entry into the full Associate Programme

Classes are led by Gail Gordon (CDC’s Dance Director & West End choreographer). 

There is NO AUDITION required to join the Foundation Associate Programme - all we look for in our young dancers is potential, and a strong sense of dedication to the art.

PROGRAMME DETAILS
Date: Fourth Saturday of each month 
Time: 1:30pm-3:00pm 
Venue: Dance Pointe, Grantham
Sessions: There are 11 sessions per year from September-July.
Cost: £82.50 per year (11 sessions)

For information and applications:
Email: education@chantrydancecompany.org
Tel: 07989 588038

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I've got no objections to "adverts" like this at all, as long as the advert isn't repeated ad nauseum across the board. It helps gets a message out in the public domain to members about services, courses, workshops, productions, etc, that they might find useful. 

• Like 7

I agree. I have seen things publicised on here that I almost certainly wouldn't have heard of otherwise. It's true that it is really annoying when you get the same post on multiple threads, but one post and maybe the occasional update on the same thread seems reasonable to me. And at least the acceptable use policy on here insists that commercial posters make that clear in their signatures. That's much better, in my opinion, than things I have seen on other forums along the lines of "I'd like to tell you about this wonderful programme my DD has just joined..." which are clearly attempts to disguise advertising.

• Like 6

And at least the acceptable use policy on here insists that commercial posters make that clear in their signatures. That's much better, in my opinion, than things I have seen on other forums along the lines of "I'd like to tell you about this wonderful programme my DD has just joined..." which are clearly attempts to disguise advertising.

I've noticed that too - I did a bit of legwork with one of them on here, and they were on several other sites as well and I found... a link to an email address with the poster's name clearly attached to the admin dept of said school... clumsy!

Edited to add - it wasn't this one though!

Edited by taxi4ballet

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I've got no objections to "adverts" like this at all, as long as the advert isn't repeated ad nauseum across the board. It helps gets a message out in the public domain to members about services, courses, workshops, productions, etc, that they might find useful.

Absolutely. We allow posts from Commercial enterprises providing they comply with the forum rules, which this does.

In the case of a thread like this, whereby it's perfectly clear that the OP is a commercial enterprise, people have the option of not reading the thread if they find it annoying. :-)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...