October half term courses

sarahw

Thanks all. Angel dc is too young now but should I come into a fortune Wells Away looks like an amazing opportunity! ! The Wells stuff in the UK is a good future option.

All4dancers I will look at Tring and Chaperone Dance Forward as well. What amazing opportunities there are.

• Like 1

I agree, it does look lovely but v pricey ! I am wondering how much other parents think is a reasonable price for this kind of thing? I am not in any way connected to this or any other dance related enterprise, just curious. In my head I have a figure of around £80 for a day as something I could live with, but above that I would really have to consider very carefully! Am I just behind the times?

The faculty is pretty amazing though. Imagine how much Sarah Lamb and Wayne Sleep are paid for teaching on these courses. If your DD is able to take just one special correction away then in my opinion it is money well spent. I've spent more money than I care to think about on low quality training

• Like 2

My DD is only doing one of these days this time.  The Wells Masterclass is £55 for 2 hours 45 minutes but again, I believe is money well spent.  That said, a private lesson or two with a good teacher may be more valuable.  It all depend on what your DD needs at any given time.  Sometimes it's really good to be in a class next to lots of other fabulous dancers just to see where they 'fit' in terms of ability.  There is a danger of being a big fish in a small pond if you don't put yourself out there and it can be a big shock when it comes to auditions.  It never ceases to amaze me how many exceptionally talented dancers there are out there.  A lot of them not at vocational school but working towards their goal for post 16 training 

• Like 2

I actually think that the weeks rest in October half term is more important, especially as it's such a long term and depending on schools, children may also be involved in productions towards the end of the year. Do vocational schools have two weeks off at half term?

• Like 1