Moira Shearer's Red Shoes on display at V&A

There was a photo of Tamara Rojo in killer stilettos in the Evening Standard last night, attending the opening of this exhibition.  Every time I have seen Tamara in a social situation, she is always wearing very high heels!

There was a photo of Tamara Rojo in killer stilettos in the Evening Standard last night, attending the opening of this exhibition.  Every time I have seen Tamara in a social situation, she is always wearing very high heels!

Is she very short, or something?

How short is short?  I come in at 5'3" and seem to be short these days but not amongst my contemporaries.

I've noticed that when you see pictures of lady dancers scrubbed up for dooos they are often in killer heels.  Perhaps it is because they are in flats all day?

• Like 1

I will have to look out for those shoes then. I was lucky enough to see some pointes in NY last year from Fonteyn and I think they had Pavlova too they were so tiny. They were on show at the Fashion and Dance exhibition at The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology New York (FIT). That was a great exhibition and NYCB had loaned heavily sadly photos at that time were not allowed in the museum but the policy has now changed. There were loads of fascinating video interviews as well with the head of costume from NYCB which were great. There is an accompanying book to that exhibition which is very detailed - cheaper to buy in the US or on eBay here than Amazon last time I looked!

• 2 weeks later...