Comedy - Sara Pascoe

Theatre - 1927

Opera - Nicky Spence

Classical - Luke Bedford

Pop/rock - LoneLady

Literature - Emma Healey

TV drama - Luke Pasqualino)

• Like 1

Yes Luke Pasqualino was the only other one I had heard of!! But voted for Francesca as I think to take on the role of Manon like that for such a young artist was a great achievement. Also whenever she is just in the corps so to speak she always seems to stand out because I think she uses her upper body and head so well and seems to have that extra bit of energy from somewhere.

At first I did feel a bit guilty voting when I knew so few of the other names but then I thought to heck the fans of those people will vote for them so it's still sort of fair!!

• Like 1

At first I did feel a bit guilty voting when I knew so few of the other names but then I thought to heck the fans of those people will vote for them so it's still sort of fair!!

Unfortunately, LinMM, votes such as these are probably inherently unfair as they are likely to be overly dependent on social media networks to garner support. Even polls like those for the ENB's People's Choice dancer - where arguably one should at least have seen the person perform in order to vote for him/her - can be affected by online campaigns. In this day and age one can't fight it but surely shouldn't hesitate to join in to secure recognition for someone whose artistry one admires.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1