Uses for old pointe shoes

I was just wondering if anybody knew of any uses for old pointe shoes. I have loads of them and no storage space as I'm slowly sorting out my things in preparation for moving in September. It just seems a shame to throw them in the bin☺️

I would love to have some old pointe shoes. My DD is still on her first pair but I am a crafter and would love an old pair to decorate with flowers and other craft goodies I have and hang off my daughters wall as a decoration. I could do a similar decor with your own shoes for you if you wanted in exchange for a few pairs of dead pointe shoes! Please pm me if you'd be willing to send over some shoes to Ireland, I could pay the shipping costs?

• Like 1

There was a thread a while ago about selling used pointe shoes on ebay.  There are some fetishists apparently but if you take appropriate measures with your details I am sure you wouldn't mind where the money came from!  Here's the thread:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/8944-selling-old-pointe-shoes/?hl=%2Buses+%2Bpointe+%2Bshoes

IBM has a good idea on how to use them too.

That sounds fab! I have six pairs that would be suitable to decorate(a couple of others have the shanks half ripped out where I tried an failed to make soft blocks haha)xx

I saw a lovely frame with pointe shoes (I think signed by ex-students) displayed in a circle. It was on the wall at Skelton Hooper (local dance studio) im not 100% sure but it might be in the backdrop of Vanessa Hoopers BBC interview, the TV clip was discussed on this forum a while back. I don't know how to post the thread but will check the title for you to search

The only use for my DD's old shoes that I can think of would be scaring off burglars, or possibly vampires..... they are pretty vile by the time she has finished with them, or I would offer them to the crafty people of the forum!

• Like 5

Pinterest has some wonderful decorated pointe shoes, mostly professionally made. I have got quite a few ideas from there.  I have the shoes for my next project and the dye just psyching myself up ;)

• Like 1

Any good framers should be able to do box frames for pointe shoes.  Not pointe shoes but I have got a pair of male dancer's shoes framed and very good they look too.

I don't know where you live Amethyst but I used Rennies in Liverpool for them and was particularly pleased with the results.

• Like 1