Covent Garden tube station

Yes, just when you thought it was all over and things could get back to normal :( Two more lifts to replace, apparently. Guess I'll have to go back to travelling via Holborn or Embankment, because my experiences of doing the recommended walk to Leicester Square were pretty hellish.

I think I'll move this into the News and Information forum so that more people spot it.

Not ideal! I once did The Stairs at Covent Garden, after getting impatient waiting for the lift. Shan't be doing that again, and not in a hurry, either!

The walk to L Square from ROH is not pleasant in my experience, either. One must mingle with a lot of West End theatre/restaurant traffic, foot traffic, with all the attendant pain and frustration this can cause. Holborn is my preference (when I don't walk to/from Liverpool St). Not as many people on that route, I find.

• Like 1

Yes, just when you thought it was all over and things could get back to normal :( Two more lifts to replace, apparently. Guess I'll have to go back to travelling via Holborn or Embankment, because my experiences of doing the recommended walk to Leicester Square were pretty hellish.

I think I'll move this into the News and Information forum so that more people spot it.

:( for those poor RB dancers using CC tube station after an evening performance.

Yes, especially if you're trying to get away for last trains or something, it can be a real pain if you have to walk an extra distance in perhaps the wrong direction.

And if walking is difficult and every step hurts, it's a pain in all senses of the word!

I don't know.  Perhaps it would be a lot quicker if the station were entirely closed?

... and resources turned towards serving the very real - and current - fulfillment of need.  We know full well it is only ever going to become even greater.

Edited by Bruce Wall