Molly Lake 2014

tutugirl

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go, but the winner is such a gorgeous dancer and I have had the privilege to watch her develop over the last couple of years and I'm sure she has a very bright future. Would love to have seen them all as obviously all so young with lots of potential.

• Like 1

Fabulous day, the finalists selected from 42 entries were,

Aimee Miles,

Alexandra Oliff,

Gabrielle de Souza Jacquet,

Marina Fraser,

Hannah O"Brien,

Lawrence Elliott

Natalia Watt,

Cloe Shuffleton,

Grace Swaby-Moore,

Genevieve Eveleigh,

Rhys Yeomans.

The winner was Grace Swaby-Moore. I agree definitely a bright future ahead for her & I was very interested too hear that she has only just started Vocational Training in September i believe Tring Park. It was great to see all the male dancers from Tring and ENB.

Fabulous talent fabulous day it was really nice to watch.

• Like 3

It was indeed a lovely day. Vocational children made up around half of the 40 taking part (42 numbers, 2 didn't dance on the day). Elmhurst, Tring, ENBS and Moorlands were there. If you add in those mentioned above from Centrsl and BTUK that comes to around 20/21 dancers, so there was a large contingent from non vocational schools.

Well done to all, the class was fast paced and challenging and I enjoyed watching the wide variety of solos.

• Like 3

It was a lovely day and a real joy to watch so many lovely young dancers ... We don't get to see them dance nearly enough! I loved it and it was well worth the drive up from Herts.... Though I will put glue on my lad's shoes next time so he doesn't fall over in his solo!!! Funny!!! :)

• Like 1

Kiwimum - your DS did brilliantly to recover - and it happens to the best of dancers !!

Out of interest - of the 11 finalists :

5 Tring

2 ENB

2 Elmhurst

1 non vocational

1 - I'm not sure. - maybe also non voc .

I thought the adjudicators were spot on , and it was indeed a lovely day - my only negative comment would be that people wandered in and out of the auditorium , with little regard for people dancing - whilst the music was still playing .

• Like 3

Evie Sorry for the miss spelling of the finalist's name, yes i copied it from the program. :/ 

Kiwimum, your DS was great and his smile at the end was a sign of his enjoyment, he recovered so well.

The day was truly enjoyable, there has been some chatter about non/vocational schools, please dont let this detract us from what was a positive and great day. The winner has only just gone to a 6th form vocational school (Tring) so i'm not sure if the vocational bit is relevant. The children who participated the day had great fun and the talent coming up is lovely to see. AED do alot of work to make these days happen.

Sorry if ive gone "off topic" this blog stuff is new to me… :)  

• Like 2

I think amongst us teachers it is confidence boosting that we do a good enough job outside of vocational schools that our students can feel at ease amongst full time ones and be regarded as equals. so No negativity meant from me at all. Just nice to see a fair competition where everyone is allowed to give a good account of themselves and that it wasn't an exclusively vocational student final as some comps tend to be. It seems that all the students had a fantastic time and by all accounts it was a lovely day. So good to hear positivity!!

• Like 2

Vocational or non vocational, the background of many of the dancers differs - some will have started their vocational journey at 11 others a mere 6 weeks ago - hats off to all the teachers involved in bringing their talented pupils to the standard that was witnessed on Sunday - I think that they all did themselves and their teachers proud. :)

• Like 2

There just aren't enough vocational places for the number of talented children out there. Many don't go pre 16 for a whole host of reasons. It is great to know that those children can be trained to a comparable standard as vocational children, so that they get as good a shot as anyone for a place post 16. There are positives and negatives to either route. But in the end those with the most talent, determination and luck will make it whatever choices they make along the way.

• Like 5