Re-auditioning for 6th form

Guest Autumn days

Guest Autumn days

OK, I really didn't see this coming but my dd has just announced that she mighty like to have another go at auditioning for 6th form after all. She is happy at school but has decided she still enjoys dancing, too.

I therefore have two questions. is there any point auditioning for a school that she didn't get into last year? I think probably not as she really didn't get anywhere at all and they can't all be wrong.

She didn't audition for BTUK last yer but is now interested. We won't qualify for a DaDA but couldn't afford it without but I think they gave some scholarships. Would anyone mind sharing (pm me if you prefer) how much they were for?

Who knows where this will go but I said I would do sme research so that's in advance.

I would advise her to go for it, as it's always worth a try! One of my friends auditioned in year 7 for rbs JA's... She re-applied every year and didn't get a place until year 11! She is now at vocational school- Which proves that what the panel likeone year may be completely different to what they like the next year! Also I know a couple of people who applied to schools for first year of 6th form, didn't get in, applied again the next year and got scholarships/DADA's!!! So never lose hope! Has DD asked her teacher what she thinks about reapplying?xx

I would say go for it if you and dd can handle the stress again! You have no idea why they said no last time and over this year she may have developed and matured in her dancing, confidence etc.

BTUK are not part of the DaDA scheme. They were hoping to have student finance in place for this years students but it didn't go to plan. I would assume they would have student finance available for the next academic year as will have sorted the issues that put pay to it for this year.

• Like 2

Guest Autumn days

Does anyone know of anyone who has actually been accepted for a school tha previously didn't offer them a place?

I didn't realise BTUK was students loans. That makes it better but would still be good to know about scholarships if anyone is happy to share because the less you have to borrow the better!

I can see this is going to be hard!

Hi Mum in a Spin,

Apologies for the late reply.

We offer Post 16 training at AEDA (vocational course combined with A Level studies).

Most students have an individually designed timetable.

I'd be happy to chat and offer advice if you would like.

Warm regards,

Carmen

A lot can change in a year so I would say go for it - although I would also temper that with a sit down with your DD to discuss options - both for which schools she feels are worth auditioning for based on last years experiences, any schools she did not apply to before but may consider this year and finally what options would be open to her if finished her A levels and went at 18.

You mention funding - I don't know any details but Hammond are auditioning in January 2015 for a degree course they hope to be validated for September 2015 intake. I presume that would be student finance and therefore possibly an option.

Guest Autumn days

We have had a brief chat and plan to decide by the end of the week. Can I ask again, though, if anyone would be prepared to share scholarship ino for BTUK as that would be immensely helpful. Also, those that say they know people who did succeed second time around, did they get to the final first time round? thanks.

Hi Mum in Spin when my daughter applied late last yr , we sent in video as she had missed the audition we had an offer with 20 percent off fees. I'm not sure about other students you would be best to email them as there might of been more scholarships as it was the first year for the school. As u prob remember my dd decided not to go ! Good luck if u decide to audition this yr .

One of the posters last year quoted a 25% scholarship but I was generally under the impression that scholarships were aimed at lessening the shortfall between the student loan and the BTUK fees. Obviously student finance was not in place for this year so I think in this instance looking at the current intake might be misleading.