Osipova Giselle DVD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sim - I agree! Just the arrival of the DVD took me back to that magical performance. It is etched in my memory.

In mine too, I can watch it over and over and never tire of it. 

Heaven: a "Giselle" DVD with Osipova and Acosta  together with THAT Pas de Six cast (Yuhui Choe-Valentino Zuchetti/Yasmine Naghdi-Marcelino Sambe/Francesca Hayward-Luca Acri), Simply sublime! 

• Like 5

You can always play it on a computer that's got a DVD drive...

I bought a special purchase DVD player in Superdrug for £9.99.  On the whole it does the job well but does not like a couple of my DVD's and refuses to play them.  Solution is to play them on my laptop - problem solved.

In mine too, I can watch it over and over and never tire of it. 

Heaven: a "Giselle" DVD with Osipova and Acosta  together with THAT Pas de Six cast (Yuhui Choe-Valentino Zuchetti/Yasmine Naghdi-Marcelino Sambe/Francesca Hayward-Luca Acri), Simply sublime! 

Has anyone else noticed that the girl's solo (Yuhui Choe) is omitted, I saw all 3 peformances of this cast and I thought that on opening night Yuhui Choe danced it, but the second time she didn't and I thought perhaps she was slightly injured, and again she didn't dance it the cinema night (now the DVD). Did anyone see different casts, was it danced then?  She does dance a small solo at the start of the coda but not the full one.

Really? Not noticed.

I looked up my cast list (I attended on 25th January: Cuthbertson/Bonelli):  Yuhui Choe's role was danced by Yasmine Naghdi, and she danced the full girl's solo (partnered by Fernando Montano). 

Part of me doesn't want to watch it again so I can preserve the memory of being there if that makes any sense.

Playing it on a computer won't cut it for me -

Maybe I am just a dinosaur (or strange!) but I personally don't enjoy it.

So until I sort my DVD player I am more than happy with my new ornament!

Has anyone else noticed that the girl's solo (Yuhui Choe) is omitted, I saw all 3 peformances of this cast and I thought that on opening night Yuhui Choe danced it, but the second time she didn't and I thought perhaps she was slightly injured, and again she didn't dance it the cinema night (now the DVD). Did anyone see different casts, was it danced then?  She does dance a small solo at the start of the coda but not the full one.

I thought that was down to a decision by Sir Peter Wright.  I think he's taken it out of the production, but I can't remember the reason for it.  (Someone may have to ask him at the Ballet Association).  Either way, I wouldn't have thought that the solo would have been danced by anyone in the run.