English National Ballet School opinions

goldfish

Hallo everyone,

can you give me an opinion about ENBS? What is the differences between RBS? I saw the live streaming for the ENBS anniversary and i have to say that they seems very good the students there. I have a friend that she was accepted last year that was very skinny, but now after 1 year she seems more curvy...do you think that the their training is so strong that you will have more muscles legs like a gymnast?

I heard that the students are very happy, and they work a lot...how many places normally they give to students to go to the company?

What is it the youth company? are they the best students from the school? or is just a separate group related more with the company?

My daughter she applied and we did the final examination on saturday.....and we are waiting for the results...

thanks for your help!!

It is quite common for students of Asian origin to become more 'curvy' when they come to the UK to train at first, due to the change in diet i.e. more sugar, more processed food etc. If they are able to cook their own meals that usually helps :)

I am a graduating student at ENB School. My three years have been excellent but very intense. The exposure you get from being here is great, and there are constantly very notable guests in school.

In regards to your "curvy" questions - nutrition is taken seriously at the school. The nutritist is excellent and helped a lot personally over my three years here. Fitness training, under the helm of the sports scientist Patrick Rump and his team who work with RB and ENB company, has now been implemented. Muscle tone and definition is so subjective to diet and 1 persons experiences should not reflect upon a whole school of students.

It only takes a brief look at some of the graduating students photos (my colleagues) to see excellent muscle tone and definition.

The school is great. It's not perfect but it's an amazing place to do your 3 years of training here in London under the directorship of some really awesome staff includ. Newly appointed Samira Saidi. For more info visit: ENBSchool.org.uk. Hope this helps!

• Like 11

My daughter would love to be accepted. The teachers were very professional during the auditions, she had to do also a small interview and to see the doctor.

Do you know for boarding how is it work? The students stay in the same building or are in different boarding houses?

My daughter would love to be accepted. The teachers were very professional during the auditions, she had to do also a small interview and to see the doctor.

Do you know for boarding how is it work? The students stay in the same building or are in different boarding houses?

There are no boarding houses at ENBS. You have to find your own accommodation. The majority of the girls stay in an all girls hostel in South Kensington and the boys tend to have their own flats as there are not many hostels that take boys under the age of 18. If your DD is accepted, the school will send you a list of recommended accommodation or feel free to PM me for details. Wishing your DD good luck and all the other DC's waiting for ENBS results good luck. It's a fantastic school. LTD

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

My dd is going into her 3rd year at ENBS. You can pm me if there is anything specific you want to know. It is a good school and the students work very hard.

Dear kiwimum6, 

my DD got a full scholarship to start ENBS this September 2014. She is half english and Japanese and is so excited to be going there. If I need to know anything during the following year, I would be very grateful for any help.

• Like 2

Dear Goldfish,  did your daughter get accepted to ENBS? I would love to get to know someone who is going to start in September.

• 8 months later...

A post on this thread is hidden while it is under review for being thought to contravene the Acceptable Use Policy and/or forum moderation policy. Subsequent posts responding to the hidden post have also been hidden for the moment.

Many thanks,

Anna C

On behalf of Balletcoforum Moderators

• Like 2

• 5 years later...