Tring Classical Ballet Academy

dancing10

From my dd's experience auditioning I can definitely say that potential in flexibility is taken into account - she's become a lot more flexible in the past couple of years - when she auditioned she certainly couldn't do the splits etc. Also I very much doubt she did any smiling - she still has a very "serious" expression when performing.

Good luck to all auditioning - the oldest class has quite a few year 11's this year, so should be a fair number of places available, as well as year 6's off to full time schools.

Millie

I didn't mean to imply that flexibility isn't taken into account - I'm quite sure that it is! As with other things, though, I'm sure that it is the potential that is important. The point I was trying to get across is that sometimes a school may say that flexibility is an issue when perhaps there are other things instead/as well. To be honest, most schools don't seem to give feedback anyway!

• Like 1

the grade range varies, there isn't an expectation but most are RAD grade 3+ there is a wide range of people auditioning, JA etc but that doesn't really mean that all the auditionees have to be JA level, its potential and how they perform on the day ... smiling does help :D

just have fun thats the most important thing

• Like 2

Spannerandpony - I don't remember getting a pro-forma letter. But I phoned them and they emailed a personal response to me and it was about the physical element.

That's good that you got a personal response. Good luck to your dd with her audition. :-)

From my dd's experience auditioning I can definitely say that potential in flexibility is taken into account - she's become a lot more flexible in the past couple of years - when she auditioned she certainly couldn't do the splits etc. Also I very much doubt she did any smiling - she still has a very "serious" expression when performing.

Good luck to all auditioning - the oldest class has quite a few year 11's this year, so should be a fair number of places available, as well as year 6's off to full time schools.

Millie

I agree flexibility is taken into account. My point was that when my dd auditioned, all the "no"s got the same letter which mentioned flexibility. I just wanted to point out that when Miss Rist was involved in the selection process (and bear in mind my dd auditioned a couple of years ago) I know that "performing" was one of the criteria she looked for.

Good luck to everyone auditioning this time. My dd has a couple of friends who love CBA. :-)

Audition times are out today, dd has had her letter in the post this morning.

Do you mind my asking what time the audition is - we had same email as Maria saying 20 May is full and can we do Jun 10 - obviously I said yes but that is also the day I have to take elder DD back to school so hoping auditions are in the morning? :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest Pinny105

:D

hello again,

just been reading the above ,DD auditioned for TBA and LJB ... excepted into LJB :D delighted but its a no from TBA ! I've also had friends who got it the other way around.. makes no sense to me ,they must be looking for different things or its just all down to the audition on the day ?

we didn't get any comment letter about flex etc maybe they have stopped sending out that one.

not sure if its worth asking them why ?

DD very pleased with LJB :wub:

• Like 1

Guest Pinny105

hello :D

bring very kindly called me and gave us advise feed back about 270 girls auditioned this year for the BA on a sunday they had only 17 places

just incase any one was interested :wub:

• Like 1

Just a quick update on the Tring Classical Academy. My daughter started there yesterday after finishing her three years as a JA on Saturday.

After feeling very nervous joining an already established class she came out on a high! The class was a faster pace than her JA class and was technically far more demanding which she really appreciated after spending the last year at JA's preparing for her auditions, doing very simple basic ballet. I'm not in any way knocking her JA training as it has very much improved her 'basics'. However I now wish I'd taken DD along to audition for Tring much earlier in the hope of doing both programmes along side each other as I really believe they compliment each other.

After the disapointment of being put on the 'short waiting list' for an MA place my daughters experience yesterday has certainly put the sparkle back in her eyes and renewed her self belief. Anyone with a DD/DS starting in September, I really think this is an excellent programme and I look forward to meeting anyone with a child going into group 3.

Anyone who was disapointed after this round of auditions, I would urge to try again, as in our opinion its well worth it!

• Like 6

Loulabelle I feel the same way when I come out of my classes there :)

There are 11 students from my school who do CBA, they all really enjoy it too. Two more are starting in September as well.

So glad your dd enjoed the classes yesterday :)

• Like 1