I can't wait for class to start tomorrow.....

Katymac

DD is grumpy & unreasonable

All her stuff is all over the place (it tends to live in bags in the cupboard term-time)

I have no time to myself

So many clothes get washed (rather than leotards & tights)

Mind you my petrol bill has been lower........& I like spending time with her but enough is enough :rolleyes::P

• Like 6

My children went back today, it's good to have a routine,  I didn't miss the early starts, but I was just about getting used to constantly picking up their 'stuff' all day. Anjuli is right, my eldest should be going off to uni next year....and I already miss him....xxx 

• Like 1

I know what you mean Katymac. So much mess!! The shoe mountain; the full washing baskets; the spaghetti of phone charger cables!! But I just went into my boys shared room which has been a tip over the holidays and had to sit down with the force of their lack of presence :(

• Like 8

My daughter is really tidy, she is like me likes things tidy. She even tidies around her big brother when she is home, he just grins and bares it. The thing I miss when she goes back to school is her cuddles. Even when she bakes she is tidy and organised, it's great.

• Like 3

Yes ! I can see the lounge floor at last DS is gone with his mess and piles of uniform , shoes and bedding for another term ! The noise has gone too - no more incessant singing and jumping around , no more loud debates with younger DS .

By the end of the week I will be missing him again ! ( but not all his stuff !)

I guess we take it for granted a lot!!

It's only when we're not happy we realise when we were!!

A bit like health.....it's only when something goes wrong with our bodies that we fully appreciate how wonderful the body is when in full health.

• Like 3

I actually like this bit; DD is happy & busy doing what she wants/needs to - I am happy & busy doing what I want/need to.  There isn't often too much conflict between our needs and we each respect the others requirements.  During the holidays resentment can build about "I'm not doing what I want - I'm doing what she wants" from both DD & me!!

Whereas now we are each happy

• Like 2

I think I would only be really happy if I could have him away dancing all day , but be able to just see him on a camera or somethingfrom time to time during the day just to be sure he is happy....I love being at home with him but not keeping him from dancing .....I love the noise and banta , but not his frustration at the need to keep quiet and not wake dads on night shift ....

If only we could have our cake and eat it !!!

My worse day was yesterday. When I left for work in the morning, dd was snuggled in bed asleep. When I got home, she had gone. Four weeks seems an awfully long time right now, but even though it's hard, I'm happy she is away at school. Trying to keep her here with me would be like trying to hold on to a butterfly.

• Like 8

DS flew this morning. I drove him to the train station and felt physically sick at the thought of him going. Probably won't see him now til June (he's unlikely to come home just for the one week of spring break). So am now crashing round the house cleaning in the hope it will occupy my mind, whilst also sporadically bursting into tears. Despite the mess and washing and late nights and nagging and knowing he is absolutely in the right place doing the right thing I am bereft.

Thank goodness for the other 3 to keep me occupied.

• Like 4

That is a long time to wait till June!!

Can you do video Skype at all? Perhaps it's not allowed at the school he attends!

So sorry to miss him last Tuesday hope he will come to class in the summer some time!

• Like 1

oh yes we skype loads- but it isn't quite the same (plus with his schedule and the 5 hour time difference I have to stay up really late to see him!).

think he's aiming to be home for some of the summer and hopefully will come to class- depending on which SI he ends up attending :)

my 6 year old was found on Saturday in her coat and shoes with 2 packed suitcases and a backpack with snacks, ready to go to America. She said DS would show her the way and she was intending to stay for 'more than just a few days' (hence the 2 suitcases). This morning, on being told that DS was off to America and NOT taking her with him, she refused to say goodbye because she was so upset not to be accompanying him :(

Yes they all miss him...

• Like 7