Just a little hooray for BalletcoForum!!

Clara

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has offered advice, shared their experiences and shown support and encouragement since joining this forum! It really is fantastic to have so many people who understand the journey of a dancer….Or if not understand; emphasise with us parents during the highs and lows! It is lovely reading about all of your wonderful dancing children and their experiences. This forum has been helpful to me in so many ways since joining, so I just wanted to say hooray for Balletco! I hope to put a face to some of your names in the future! Some of our paths are undoubtedly set to cross at some point! x

• Like 18

I agree. I love this forum too. I use quite a lot of different forums related to different subjects and this is my favourite. Everyone is so supportive and most disagreements are handled in a very civilised manner. Plus the moderators do a really good job. I have very rarely seen a "nasty" post on here and I think it is brilliant that people are so willing to share the benefits of their knowledge and experience with others. I think that there is a very stereotypical view of the parents of children involved in the performing arts, fuelled by programmes such as Dance Moms. The people who believe in those stereotypes should read this forum to see just how different the Balletco mums (and Dads) are.

I've met a few of the regular posters, including one who has become a very good real life friend, and am pleased to say that all the forum members that I have met are just as lovely in real life as they are on line. I would love to meet more of you too.

• Like 10

This forum over the years has also been fantastic for us too. There have been so many helpful people on this forum all ready to give help and support. One of you even found a brilliant flat for my daughter for September, amazing. The moderators do a brilliant job, one that I couldn't do, and I really appreciate them. Sometimes emotions can become heated on the rare occasion but everyone just puts it behind them says sorry and is ready to move on. Than you to each and everyone of you on this forum, I love hearing about your children and how well they are doing, also if I can give advice to anyone I will. I also know that you would also help me out if I needed any advice or support, thanks everyone x

• Like 6

I agree! I am not much of a "teckie" so this is the only forum I am a member of but it has really helped me to put things in perspective during a difficult year for my DD. I especially appreciate the fact that members are willing to take the time to PM each other when things are delicate. I dont post a huge amount but I read often and sharing others successes makes me smile. Well done balletco!

• Like 2

I have found some wonderful friends on here and been amazed at how many other adult dancers there are!

This forum has helped myself, DD and of course if it wasn't for the forum I would never have had the courage to launch our site or our shop! Thank you so much to Bruce and all the mods :) xxx

• Like 2

May I just echo John's thanks above.....the forum wouldn't be what it is without our posters, and Doing Dance is the busiest place of all! It is all of you who make this forum what it is;  when Bruce shut down ballet.co.uk so many people said how bereft they were going to be without a forum in which to talk to each other, share news, share opinions, write reviews, etc. that he decided something must be done....so this forum was born!  We didn't know what would happen with it, but we are all delighted with how many people have signed up, and how active so many of you are.  We recently passed the 55,000 postings mark, not bad after 19 months of existence!  So....a big thank you from the moderators to all of you out there...and keep those posts coming! 

• Like 5