Capulet pointes

afab

While we are in the UK this summer for our DDs various SS, DD2 would really like to try Capulet pointes. Capulet themselves gave me an address in London which is the place we were going to try and avoid...

Does anyone know of a good shop that would have them? We'll be traveling from France to Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and back which covers quite a big area...

Thanks a lot!

We stock them in Essex, but we're an hour east of London, so not really within your reach this time.

I love these shoes and having worn most brands have settled on these for past couple of years.

They seem to suit a strong, highly arched foot, to enable dancer to get on to block properly. Many dancers we've fitted seem to hang back on the shoes, and so despite them loving the comfort of them, we have to say they're not suitable for them!

Sx

• Like 2

We might have to visit Essex then!

Do they only have one width and/or one strength?

And also how do they compare to Gaynor Minden? 

My DDs love GM and the fact they are comfortable but their teacher thinks that, for one of them, traditional pointes would be better... to DD's utter dismay!

I heard the Capulets are a traditional make but as comfortable as GM, would you agree?

Edited by afab

• 7 months later...

Hi Ribbons

I find the capulet fit one size down from street size. Widths are X, XX or XXX.

I have an average size foot and wear XX but as they've been discontinued have found I could fit in to the last pair of 6X we had. I therefore wouldn't recommend them for narrow feet. Also you do need quite a strong, arched foot to get up and over the shank as it is not pre-arched like Gm's. We have about a dozen pairs left on various sizes, widths, shank lengths and strengths. PM me if you need stock info.

Hard to describe these shoes but I've loved my Capulets and am still searching for the perfect GM combination or other replacement shoe for me. Although both "non traditional" shoes, they are very different shoes.

• Like 1

Sorry forgot to add that no, they are not traditionally made shoes - but like GM have a "plastic" shank and box so don't really soften. The inside of the box has a shock absorbant lining that looks like an orange foam wrap inside the shoe - not sure of the technology involved - but sure there's scientific info about it on the web!

Oh no -  I didn't know they've been discontinued? I watched a whole film today about the man who invented the amazing liquid to hard shock-absorbing material and how he collaborated with a pointe shoe maker and I thought what a brilliant idea. What a shame! They obviously haven't taken off in the same way as GMs but I don't think they've had the marketing budget as I have only recently become aware of them.

• Like 1

Yes as far as I can gather they got taken over by Capezio last year and then they stopped making them :(

Our emails to capulet wholesale office are unanswered and if you phone their contact number it's no longer available :( Such a shame when small, new ideas are squashed :(

Could you post a link to the video, I dont think I've seen it and I'd be very interested :)

Sx

That sounds fascinating!

Afab you can get to Essex from Dover or Folkestone without touching London. I suppose it could be M.20 M.25 and then I think it's the first junction past theDartford Bridge Junction 29 which you takeoff the M.25 and you'll be off down to Southend in a jiffy.....except in the rush hour or a very hot day in the summer!!

If you did want to go into London but don't fancy driving in then what many people do is park at an outlying tube station and get the tube into central London. It would probably be one on the central line from the M.25 direction or if going into London from M.2 may be a branch of the District line.

There are also lots of rail services into London that you could link up with at some point. Of course parking at these stations will not be free!! But may compare well to central London parking!

I really liked the idea of Capulets if I ever go en pointe (increasingly unlikely as I am yet to make a class as we are rushed off our feet as we try to settle in). What a shame that large companies see something good, buy it out and then destroy it! :(

• Like 2