final auditions at central

mlr

I don't know how to do a link but if you search back in the forum to this time last year I think there was quite a long discussion on Central and where the students live as students reached the stage you are at now.  Good luck to your DD for her recall.  I'm sure others will be along with personal experience of this to help you.

• Like 1

Given that the other finalists have been given the accommodation list already I would be inclined to phone Central and see if they can email it to you.  My DD is not at Central but our experience was that once places are offered at a school, the accommodation starts getting booked up quite quickly so in your position I would be wanting to research places in advance of that possible offer.

Yes it had a nice canteen with decent food, however my daughter buys cereal and other things from the local tesco. There is also a shared kitchen if your child prefers to cook. The best thing to do is go and have a look around also I believe ISH have a better wi fi signal than helm?

It can't have been that bad as my daughter didn't mention the improvisation bit. There was something about clapping agains the beat, movement and some kind of jumping over a rope? It won't be complicated stuff they must be looking for something specific in the dancers, perhaps Dr dance will know more about these type of exercises. Good luck everyone and have a lovely time as the staff are lovely at Central.

doe anyone know about host families in london, only found two websites relating to them.  Yes there was clapping but no rope jumping! Just got back a very long day for both parents and d.

My DD was there yesterday morning (She was No 1 but thinks it must have been done on age this time!)

She and a few others were asked back for a recall later that afternoon and so did both the claps and the jump rope thing.....does anyone know if the recalls are any indication of anything?

DH took DD and wasnt sure.

Also does anyone know how many dancers they usually take for the first year?

Thanks

T

I was in the afternoon audition and we were told by the director that we shouldn't read into a callback. Naturally everyone worries and does. But it could or might not mean something. :) Also we did jumping over ropes in time to the music and improvised for 1 minute 20 seconds. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My DS a Central student. There are one or two spaces available from July in the flat he lives in. Lovely refurbished flat on nice road close to Central, Covent Garden etc. Everyone in flat at Central. PM me if anyone thinks their DD would be interested :) might be an alternative to student residence.

• alison changed the title to final auditions at central