Natalia Osipova - non-Royal Ballet performance schedule

1 hour ago, alison said:

:(  I just hope she didn't do herself any more damage during those Don Qs, then.  Is she down for any RB Nutcrackers?

no she was not cast this time around.   Probably a good thing to have a longer break.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Natalia was scheduled to perform Swan Lake with Isaac Hernandez and San Francisco Ballet yesterday 30 April.  

According to Tamara Rojo’s instagram she was replaced at last minute due to injury, by new principal and debutant in the role, Jasmine Jimison  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6ajznzO_Tg/?igsh=OXlraHFicXptaGto

It doesn’t say whether Natalia will be able to perform her other date in San Francisco on Friday 3 May.  

https://www.sfballet.org/tickets/casting/#swanlakeencore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Josette said:

It has been announced that Osipova will not be dancing on May 3, for which I have a ticket. 

The replacement ballerina sounds really good.   They say “a star is born” as so often happens in these sad situations for the original dancer.  

5 hours ago, Josette said:

It has been announced that Osipova will not be dancing on May 3, for which I have a ticket. 

I'm sorry - that must be so disappointing for you.

• Like 3

Wishing Natalia a speedy recovery. That must be so disappointing and frustrating after travelling such a long way to dance (and San Francisco is on the west coast which makes for a very long flight and worse jet lag!). Well done to Jasmine Jimison for saving the show- and on her debut too. I'd be very keen to see Jimison's Odette-Odile.  @Josette, Natalia is scheduled to dance Odette-Odile here at ROH with Reece Clarke on 12, 20, 28 June, if you are still very keen to see her in Swan Lake this season [and fingers crossed hopefully the injury will be healed by then]. 

• Like 6

Had tickets for tonight’s show and was SO disappointed to learn of Osipova’s injury. This felt like such a treat for California - seems pretty rare to get any superstar ballet guest artists from Europe (I’m sure most go to NYC/DC/Boston if they go, since the travel is just so much easier). And the San Francisco audience seemed super excited and so appreciative of this event on the calendar. Here’s to hoping Tamara Rojo can work her magic and get Osipova back next season (or any other RB Principals - I would pay to any of them!!). 

My disappointment set aside, I was able to exchange my tickets for tomorrow’s matinee which is easier on my family’s schedule. And I’ll get to see Nikisha Fogo and Daniel Camargo, so I’m still super excited! 

• Like 6

I am extremely stressed by this bad news (and of course lots of compassion for our Californian friends who must be so disappointed).

Natalia is due to dance a few Swan Lake + Ashton bill at RB next month, I hope she will recover!

Because if not, due to the lack of classical ballet next season at RB, we would have to wait until 2025/2026 to see her again in a classical ballet, what a disappointment it would be!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Paco said:

Because if not, due to the lack of classical ballet next season at RB, we would have to wait until 2025/2026 to see her again in a classical ballet, what a disappointment it would be!

Yes, and I absolutely am praying that she will make it. If she can't do the Ashton, hopefully she could still do Swan Lake as it might not be back for a while.

Hopefully she'll be in Onegin next year though, something to look forward to!

• Like 6

Yes her Tatiana in Onegin and Juliet in R&J are some of her strongest roles.   And it’s my personal preference to see her in these, rather than the Petipa classics. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 04/05/2024 at 15:04, art_enthusiast said:

Hopefully she'll be in Onegin next year though, something to look forward to!

I had booked to see her in Onegin but think she was unwell so unfortunately I couldn’t see her last time round.

A minor aside but should there be a question mark on the title of this thread? When I see it pop up I always question this as It makes it seem like there is a question mark over her ability, without the ? it just feels a nicer title (sorry to be pedantic, I know the question mark is there because some people don’t like her but then this thread title  doesn’t need it was my thought!) 

@FionaM my favourite performances of hers have been in Giselle and Swan Lake, and also Gamzatti in Bayadere. I’ve not seen her Aurora or Sugar Plum but I think she does the classics exceptionally well, at least the ones that require dramatic flair! We all have our preferences though and I agree I wouldn’t necessarily book for her as Aurora or Sugar Plum over some other RB dancers. 

Edited by JNC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Josette said:

Osipova is dancing in Zurich a bit later this month, apparently in a contemporary program.  

In Zürich on 16 May, it’s her own show which usually has a mix of classical and contemporary pieces.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4NOmrQoTr4/?igsh=MTVrOTl2a2Ewa3lleg==

You can get an idea of what might be on the programme from recent posts on her Instagram for her own shows “Bloom Dance Project”

I have always preferred her in ballets outside the big 3 Tchaikovsky classics. Her Giselle has always been spectacular, likewise her Kitri, although impressions were varied in the last run. Like FionaM I enjoy her Tatiana, ditto her Natalia Petrovna, but I personally find her Juliet rather too knowing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JNC said:

A minor aside but should there be a question mark on the title of this thread? When I see it pop up I always question this as It makes it seem like there is a question mark over her ability, without the ? it just feels a nicer title (sorry to be pedantic, I know the question mark is there because some people don’t like her but then this thread title  doesn’t need it was my thought!) 

The question mark was/is there because the original poster was in effect querying a perceived comparative lack of positivity about Osipova on this forum - so the question mark was really a challenge to forum members rather than being a query about Osipova's talent.

• Thanks 2