Dutch National Ballet’s Giselle in cinemas

Guest oncnp

50 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I've just had email notification that Dutch National Ballet's Giselle is being shown in cinemas, February 2024 on the notification I have, I don't know if this is livestreamed or filmed. Worth looking out for this!

Olga Smirnova and Jacopo Tissi

"Giselle touches upon great and universal romantic themes. Rachel Beaujean and Ricardo Bustamante’s acclaimed production pay tribute to one of the oldest and greatest works of classical dance."

https://www.operaballet.nl/en/dutch-national-ballet/2023-2024/giselle/giselle-x-pathe-live

This (with trailer) says Jan 21st so it's clearly not the same date in all cinemas.

https://www.giselleballetcinema.com/

Jan 21 in the US. There was something in the Links last week

Edited by oncnp

5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Jan 21 in the US

And in many cinemas in the UK according to that last link in my tweet, there is a list, however I suspect the 'encore' type showings will be more random so worth checking local cinemas.

Eventually I presume it will be released on DVD or put on Medici TV etc.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 19:32, Ondine said:

And in many cinemas in the UK according to that last link in my tweet, there is a list, however I suspect the 'encore' type showings will be more random so worth checking local cinemas.

I think you mean your post not tweet, but thank you, there is indeed (though not very well signposted) a button inside the poster link which leads to UK info. My reading of what’s there is live on Jan 21st, encore (where available) on Feb 1. 

Don’t bother with the website for Pathe Live (supposedly a partner) This has nothing about the show. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that mine defaults to my two nearest options, and doesn't give me any alternatives, so I've no idea how widespread the showings are.  My nearest has two daytime-ish showings.

12 minutes ago, alison said:

Interesting that mine defaults to my two nearest options, and doesn't give me any alternatives, so I've no idea how widespread the showings are.  My nearest has two daytime-ish showings.

If you click on 'Get Tickets", you can search by town or postcode.  screenings seem to be nationwide with additional ones in Scotland on February 8th too.

8 hours ago, alison said:

I'm otherwise occupied on the afternoon of the 21st - and certainly not the only one.  Are they all afternoon showings for that day, has anyone worked out?

All the ones I looked at are.

Sorry - I have just realised I should have started my comments on this film on a new thread under Performances etc - perhaps a Moderator could move this part if it is felt to be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary said:

Sorry - I have just realised I should have started my comments on this film on a new thread under Performances etc - perhaps a Moderator could move this part if it is felt to be worth it.

I was considering it, so I'll do it now.

The feedback thread is here, so please use that to comment on the performance: