Prisca Zeisel leaves Bavarian State Ballet

27 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

I do not think it is at all incompatible with “freedom” to criticise somebody who supports an aggressive state which has repeatedly broken international law and murders its opponents at home and abroad.  To say otherwise is moral relativism of the worse kind (as well as a very Trumpian ‘both sides’ argument)

yes the USA has much to answer for in its aggressive behaviours to every other country of the world, including Europe.   And if you can’t see it then you have been blinded by their narrative / propaganda.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FionaE said:

yes the USA has much to answer for in its aggressive behaviours to every other country of the world, including Europe.   And if you can’t see it then you have been blinded by their narrative / propaganda.  

US, Britain, Germany, Belgium, China, ...because others have done it, that makes it right?

And of course it is possible ( and should be)  to support the "Russian narrative" anywhere, not just from the safety of a country that won't arrest or disappear you for doing so.  

The Russian people don't appear to have same privilege and the Ukranian's certainly don't under the current regime you so admire.

And when the Russian narrative takes them into Poland, also once part of the Russian empire, will you support that as well?

Edited by oncnp

@oncnp as I’ve said before (but you ignore) I do not admire ANY regime or government.  The ones I see all have huge faults, many are breaking international rules.  

Perhaps there would be less wars if everyone did better at letting others get on with their personal lives without public censorship and expectation of confirming to some imposed norm.  “Orwell 1984”

So yes I admire Prisca for doing what she believes (whatever that is) and going against the tide in Europe.   It will not have been easy for her. 

• alison locked this topic