Travel tips : Dutch National Ballet in Amsterdam and RDB in Copenhagen

On 03/10/2023 at 03:55, suel50 said:

Does anyone know of a decent hotel near the Opera House in Amsterdam

My comment immediately above your post mentions hotels. The nearest are Ibis Stopera/Waterlooplein, Motel-One I've stayed at both and they're fine although they tend to be dear. Hotel Coin is nearby going the opposite direction, again fine. But generally the more reasonably priced hotels are further out. I've used Mercure Sloterdijk Station a lot but it's a lengthy tram ride away 20-30 mins.  Oddly the metro trains don't run directly there from the city it's a circuitous route. But the tram is fine. Buses run there too of course as there's a large bus exchange/station as well as mainline trains at Sloterdijk. There's a few hotels at Sloterdijk, eg Holiday Inn. In the city there's also Hotel Larende and Hotel Alp that I've used and been fine. 

Edited by Don Q Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get to Amsterdam this December 11th for Raymonda... too much going on with work at that time. I can change hotel/transport bookings but not completely sure about how tickets get resold. I know they have a ticket exchange on their website, but their website also says they only give monetary refunds to those living abroad - does that mean it's possible to get a monetary refund?

24 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get to Amsterdam this December 11th for Raymonda... too much going on with work at that time. I can change hotel/transport bookings but not completely sure about how tickets get resold. I know they have a ticket exchange on their website, but their website also says they only give monetary refunds to those living abroad - does that mean it's possible to get a monetary refund?

I resold tickets on their resale site and got a refund - I live here in London. 

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up while I am in Amsterdam to say that the NH Caransa is a perfect location from the Dutch National Opera and Ballet- just over the bridge and a walk in straight line down a relatively lively for 11pm street. It’s a proper hotel building not a hotel squeezed into a town house, so has lifts etc. Rooms start at approx £130 excluding city taxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3