Shocked (Daniel Jones in "Got To Dance")

I think a show such as Got to Dance is a good motivation for youngsters to get out there and give any dance form a try. I love ballet and contempory but that is jus me a very small part of an audience. The two little ballet dancers from Liverpool last year who got into the finals were fab in my oppinion, especially for their ages. I go back to my original comment of being shocked seeing Daniel in this competion, it wasn't that I did not want to see ballet in this show quite the opposite. The reason for the shock was that I personaly would not expect to see such highly established professionals in this show,  such as Darcey Bussel, Carlos Acosta and yes our lovely Daniel Jones ect. However I would be so excited to see these names in anothershow but not necessarly competing against each other, how could they, they are all amazing.

This is just my oppinion and it is good to share and reflect on each others oppinions. I have read everyones views and I thought perhaps I was wrong but I still feel the same. Can I also point out if some people express an oppinion that is not in agreement to your own, please don't attack them and pressume yourself to know more that that person. We all have different views but we all try to stay civil and friendly to each other on this forum, which I have to add a huge thankyou to our moderaters who work tirelessly in keeping this forum to the standard that it is.

• Like 9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright tulip we've already spoke about being civil... We are all adults and I think everyone gets the message - people may find it patronising being told by everyone in the forum to be civil...once by the moderators is enough....just my opinion, and a bit of advice from a fellow poster. :)

And as for Professional dancers in these competitions...how many professional dancers are house hold names...especially ballet dancers? A handful! I'm sure a lot more dancers would love to be a name to people, and have fans who respect and recognise their hard work! But how are these dancers going to get to be household names when there is no opportunities out there to get in the public eye other than performing and working for a company who yes perform but not everyone can afford to go see them...so it's a minority who get to see them. Daniel I'm sure has started something now and I'm sure we will see more professional dancers on these shows...why can't there be celebrity names who are dancers...it's not really because they want the whole celeb culture lifestyle etc it would just be nice to have names of dancers who can be role models for children who love to dance but can't afford to see professional companies in theatres.

• Like 1

Balletlovesme on this occasion I don't need your advice and yes we are supposedly all adults. Most people infact majority of people on this forum are civil so probably won't find it patronising. This has always been a very friendly forum where we can discuss issues that we all have in common.

Folks, I really don't want to have to lock this thread because it would be nice to discuss the show as it progresses - but I will have to lock it if it carries on in this vein because it's becoming unconstructive.

PLEASE stick to discussing "Got to Dance".

• Like 1