Press Release: Brandon Lawrence will leave Birmingham Royal Ballet to join Ballett Zürich at the end of the current season

The casting for the mixed programme has been announced by BRB.  Brandon is dancing at every performance and in every piece on the Saturday evening.

I'm just sorry I can't be there.

https://www.brb.org.uk/stories/still-life-triple-bill-casting-announced?fbclid=IwAR2K3AGFPookQ8Zl0ns5kB2IxOI5NHqE6K74753KvkUSsSU5u4rAhdKfjfI

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wish I could be at the closing show on the Saturday  too- had it been a week later, I’d be able to make it. Brandon is essentially doing the equivalent of a three-act full length ballet, like Romeo and Juliet or something! 😁 It’s lovely of Carlos to cast him in all three ballets at the last show despite not having known in advance when the ballets and season were first planned  (I presume not even Brandon himself knew that far in advance!?)....it will feel like a supportive and loving send off. Hope @Tango Dancer, @Sim and all forum members going on Saturday night will be able to give us all the details! Any photos will be very welcome too. 

• Like 6

Perhaps not worthy of an item itself, but interesting to note that BRB will be involved with NY's City Center Fall for Dance programme in their next season announcement - 

City Center’s season will kick off with its 20th Fall for Dance festival (Sept. 27-Oct. 8), which will include a collaboration between Sara Mearns of City Ballet, the choreographer Bobbi Jene Smith and the bass-baritone Davóne Tines, co‐presented with Vail Dance Festival; as well as the premiere of an original work by the street dance artist Ephrat Asherie and the tap dancer Michelle Dorrance. The two-week festival will also include performances by Birmingham Royal Ballet, led by the director Carlos Acosta, and by Bijayini Satpathy, an interpreter of the classical Indian dance form Odissi.

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Thanks 2

On 30/05/2023 at 14:56, Emeralds said:

Wish I could be at the closing show on the Saturday  too- had it been a week later, I’d be able to make it. Brandon is essentially doing the equivalent of a three-act full length ballet, like Romeo and Juliet or something! 😁 It’s lovely of Carlos to cast him in all three ballets at the last show despite not having known in advance when the ballets and season were first planned  (I presume not even Brandon himself knew that far in advance!?)....it will feel like a supportive and loving send off. Hope @Tango Dancer, @Sim and all forum members going on Saturday night will be able to give us all the details! Any photos will be very welcome too. 

I will certainly report back.  I'm no good at taking pictures (usually I have a thumb over the lens)  but will give a readout of my views on the show.  Really looking forward to Brandon's last show with BRB.  

• Like 2

On 01/06/2023 at 15:21, Tango Dancer said:

I will certainly report back.  I'm no good at taking pictures (usually I have a thumb over the lens)  but will give a readout of my views on the show.  Really looking forward to Brandon's last show with BRB.  

Let me know if you fancy saying hello. 

• 2 weeks later...