News - Birmingham Royal Ballet, Sleeping Beauty, Spring Tour 2024

I’ve seen this production in both Southampton and Birmingham plus excerpts at the recent Evening of Tchaikovsky Music & Dance. Admittedly it would have been nice to see Ms Cojocaru dance Aurora and her withdrawal is unfortunate. I’d flag up however that, with the talent currently residing in BRB, it was probably unnecessary for her to be invited to dance in the first place. (And perhaps her withdrawal has saved BRB a few quid in the process.) 

The Aurora/Prince castings for any date are all excellent. My mouth is particularly watering to see Céline Gittens and the new wunderkind on the block Yasiel Hodelin Bello. 
And that is without mentioning the depth of talent that dances roles such as Bluebird etc.

• Like 7

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Emeralds said:

I was always told (even last year) by the box office staff that there was no credit voucher system like the one at ROH - maybe things have changed now. (The website today does confirm they can offer a voucher certificate.) 

Your Box Office contact must have given you the wrong information.  I've just checked back in my emails and found that I was sent a credit voucher as early as September 2020.  

Edited to add that the system you describe (in your earlier post) would apply to a ticket returned less than 24 hours before a performance. 

Edited by Bluebird

Another reason I would not return my ticket is that I want to support BRB in difficult times ..bearing in mind the situation in Birmingham and indeed in the UK.  British ballet needs audiences to rally round, as Carlos Acosta said the other day. 

I often moan there isn't enough classical ballet so when it is on I feel I have to go. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bluebird said:

Your Box Office contact must have given you the wrong information.  

Thanks, @Bluebird- this was actually for two performances which the tickets were returned at least 3 days in advance. I suppose the box office employee each time was quick to jump on my suggestion of "exchange or credit voucher" and immediately suggested I do an exchange and ignored the question about the credit voucher. But anyway, it's now published in black and white on their website so no fudging to patrons. Thank you for your  information! 👍 

I’ll add that while I’m disappointed not to see Alina I’m not cancelling my tickets. Sleeping Beauty is one of my favourite ballets and I’m intrigued to see another version other than the Royal’s. I’m very much looking forward to it still! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JNC said:

I’ll add that while I’m disappointed not to see Alina I’m not cancelling my tickets. Sleeping Beauty is one of my favourite ballets and I’m intrigued to see another version other than the Royal’s. I’m very much looking forward to it still! 

I'm glad you're still going.  I saw it in Birmingham and thought it was a really lovely version and extremely well performed by everyone.  I'm sure you'll have a really good time and enjoy it whoever is performing.  

• Like 2