Does anyone have any experience of either of these? My daughter is keen to try one and has heard of the Masterclasses from friends. Are they both equally good? She is 16 and at pre-vocational level hoping to commence vocational training in September 2023.

i was wondering about the faculty, accomodation, level of difficulty and fun!

Many thanks

The Prague Masterclasses have been going for 20 years and have a strong reputation with many teachers being Principals or former Principal dancers.

Most of the students (from all over the world) are accommodated in a hostel/hotel in the city (Prague) and, from all accounts on social media, appear to have a lot of fun together.

• Like 2

It's specifically for advanced and even trainee company members,so the level at the Masterclasses is really high.  I have sent two or three older students and I've seen the action photos that were taken -it looks amazing!  I have been to Prague - it's a lovely town.  All in all a great experience for the advanced vocational student.  I'm afraid I have no idea about the other course.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone’s DC attending this year’s first ever junior version of the International Ballet Masterclasses in Prague? I understand this is the first time this junior group will be running. My DC isn’t in full time vocational school and so I don’t think she’ll know many other young dancers. I’m hoping there are others like her who aren’t in full-time vocational school, only because as it is she doesn’t dance nearly as much or as many hours as her peers. I know the standard of this intensive is extremely high. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Mumtolulu said:

Yes, did 14 is attending. She too is not in a full time vocational school. 😊

Ah brilliant! My DC would be pleased to know. I think I’m the one who’s nervous about DC being in a group of full time vocational students as DC only really dances during the weekends and will go into the Prague intensive after not having danced at all for a month. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see in latest RBS newsletter that Daria K is leaving her teaching role there to focus on other projects like her Prague Masterclasses so I expect we can see more of these programmes throughout the year plus new venues….maybe including in UK? I wonder….