Leotard for long torso

Streetdancer

My DD, age 15, needs an audition leotard for this coming year (general dance diploma, not classical ballet). She struggles with fit as she's long-bodied. Her usual dance uniform is the Roche Valley Ava size 3 which is pretty good on her, but she'd ideally like something a bit more special (but still black). Her associate scheme Freed RAD leo is too short and rides up over her bum and she recently bought a Capezio for a show in size L even though she's only an adult size 8. I usually have to shorten the straps whatever she gets. All brands seem to have equivalent girth sizes, so looking at size guides is no help.  

Any help appreciated thank you! 

I second the vote for Wear Moi. I have a long torso and found Capezio were my best bet but never sufficiently snug. DD has similar body type to me and we've just got her very simple black Wear Moi leo and it is a gorgeous fit!

• Thanks 1

I have a long body and am adult size 10 and find a capezio large or bloch large to be a good fit. Most dancewear brands have size charts which list girth as a measurement - I find it more accurate to buy by girth than dress size or height. Oddly enough girth is measured in a loop going from between the legs / crotch over the front of the torso, over one shoulder and down the back of the torso to meet between the legs. Hope that helps. 

Another vote for Wear Moi, but also Grishko. Their fabric and stitching is incredibly generous with stretch. They also wash beautifully and look pristine after tonnes of wear. Bloch/Mirella are also a good option, but down to the cut, rather than the fabric. 

Sonata, Capezio, and especially Ballet Rosa, unfortunately, don't work in my experience for long torsos. 

• Thanks 1

Hello, I make bespoke lined lycra leotards and can make them 

Longer in the body if needed.  Because they are bespoke, I make them from measurements you send me.  I usually use Jalie patterns.  Email me at christinesculfor3@gmail.com if you would like me to make one for your daughter.  Prices start at £80. 

My super skinny daughter is only about 5ft 3 but has to wear medium adult leotards to get long enough body and then I have to take them in.... Her sister was the same but taller so large adult. We find Mirella are slim but long and same with capezio often I can get away with not taking them in.

• Thanks 1