Opera Cancellations June 2022

San Perregrino

1 hour ago, PeterS said:

D*mn*d train strikes, I’ve just received this email from ROH. Heigh ho…

1463A838-4C87-4DA6-8520-A28798A652E7.jpeg

Let's hope it is resolved sooner rather than later; I read yesterday that the RMT were prepared to continue until Christmas

Guest oncnp
6 minutes ago, postie said:

Tomorrow isn't a strike day, and they've had not a little notice to get organised. Disappointing.

West End theatre seems to not be suffering 'knock on effects' in quite the same way. Nor do schools, the NHS, postal workers and .. Sadler’s Wells:

https://www.sadlerswells.com/whats-on/?start=2022-06-22&end=2022-06-22

ROH  perhaps in a  different position? From the website...

However, due to the sheer numbers of staff and artists unable to travel to and from the building, including essential technical and stage crews, we have been forced to make changes to the schedule which means technical rehearsals essential for the safe running of performances can now not take place.

Since a cancellation is the only scenario in which they must issue refunds, I imagine they did everything possible to avoid it. 

Edited by oncnp

1 hour ago, postie said:

Tomorrow isn't a strike day, and they've had not a little notice to get organised. Disappointing.

Haven't they been saying that it takes most of the day following a strike for services to get back to where they should be? This will have been part of the union's calculations in spreading the strike days out and is why the warning has been to avoid rail travel all this week.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Haven't they been saying that it takes most of the day following a strike for services to get back to where they should be? This will have been part of the union's calculations in spreading the strike days out and is why the warning has been to avoid rail travel all this week.

I was just going to say the same thing.  Three days of separated strike action will cause maximum disruption for the whole week.

• Like 2