Adult summer intensive thread!

TYR

So we're sticking our noses out from under an enormous blanket of masks and lateral flow tests....I am told that summer intensives are BACK. I missed 2019 for reasons and as a result I haven't been since 2018 IMAGINE THAT.

This thread is devoted to collecting adult SI information. As far as I know The Place isn't doing one or at least they haven't announced it yet..

Chelsea Ballet are having a week of adult ballet summer school running for six days starting on Monday August 15th. 
This year it’s being held at the Central School of Ballet studios. 
I’ve done a recce and it’s easy to get to from either Southwark tube station, Blackfriars rail station ….literally 5 mins walk max ….and if on bus only about 3 mins walk to main road which runs over the river and down to Kings Cross etc. The No. 63 bus will get you to Kings Cross in about 20 mins. 
This bus also links with Fleet Street east / west directions and Rosebury Avenue. 
I will see if can post a link which allows contact with Louise who runs Chelsea Ballet. 
There are super teachers on this course all highly trained ( Royal Ballet School) and all ex dancers from Royal or ENB and the atmosphere is welcoming and very friendly with emphasis on enjoyment. 
The other good thing about this Summer School is you just pay for what you do so can do as many of few classes as you want each day. 
True value for money. 

41 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Chelsea Ballet are having a week of adult ballet summer school running for six days starting on Monday August 15th. 
This year it’s being held at the Central School of Ballet studios. 

Linda, do you know if this is likely to be a daytime course, or after working hours? I did look on their website but I don’t think it says!

(Typing this from my office on Blackfriars Road 😉)

It’s nearly all daytime as runs from 10 am to about 5.30 pm each day. 
I can email you the timetable …am still working out a way to send here perhaps with a screen shot….

But you can just dip in and attend one class if you are free for only a short time but need to contact Louise first if attending any classes. 
The morning ballet is from 11.15 to 12.45 and afternoon ballet 13.00 to 14.30 pm each day and a pointework and Rep class  ( with Laura Hussey) from 16.15 to 17.30 pm each day. 
There is also a 30 min pointework class at 13.00 each day but think you have to attend the morning ballet  class to attend that for safety reasons. 
In both pointework sections you just do as much as you can and can change to demi at any time. In previous years recently I’ve done all pointework classes on demi as good for strengthening ankles. It always starts with barre work. 
Most classes cost £12. 
Hope that helps!! 
Im mostly doing Bethany’s stretch classes this year ….also from 16.15 to 17.30 in a different studio but will attend a couple of ballet classes that week as well. 
As with all Rep I have to know what it is these days before committing!!  Last time we did the waltz from Cinderella so performed as a group formation which was great. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1