Ballet international Gala. (BIG) Brisbane

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Ballet international Gala. (BIG) Brisbane

Interesting that Skylar Brandt (ABT principal) stepped in to dance White swan pdd with Alex, wearing a borrowed tutu from Queensland Ballet.  I wonder why her partner Aran Bell who travelled with her couldn’t also perform that pdd. In other words l, why was it necessary for Alex to fly such a long way to partner someone he’d not even met before?

I don’t know why Frankie & Cesar could not perform, but I wonder if there is some kind of obligation on RB company to participate which necessitated Alex’s flight to dance in their place.   And then I wonder further … why didn’t an RB ballerina come with him?   Explanation could be that they are all committed elsewhere - ROH R&J, Rome gala, etc

i guess we may get an explanation  in time.  

• Like 2

Just thought I’d be nosy and google the gala details as I’ve visited Brisbane several times before and never saw a Gala like this (although I did catch Australian Ballet performing their production of Nureyev’s Don Quixote there- the performance and the production were both outstanding).

Ooh, how lucky the Brisbane audience were to have been able to see Skylar Brandt, Aran Bell and Alex Campbell all in the same gala, as well as Daniel Gaudiello- I’m glad he hasn’t given up dancing completely after leaving Australian Ballet. I see they also have Christopher Wheeldon’s An American in Paris right now, with the glorious Leanne Cope and brilliant Robbie Fairchild reprising their roles of Lise and Jerry. S’wonderful! 

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
Guest oncnp

Ballet International Gala 2

26th and 27th of August 2022, 7:30PM
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

Ballet International Gala II tickets | Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre | Ticketek Australia

Act One

“This is BIG” - Featuring QLD Conservatorium’s Brass Ensemble, a Drum Line and our Little BIG Ballerinas introducing BIG’s International Artists

Three Preludes - Accompanied by Lev Vlassenko Piano Competition finalist Sheng-Yuan Lynch - Yasmine Naghdi & Roberto Bolle

Don Quixote - Skylar Brandt & Daniil Simkin

Flames of Paris - Shugyla Adepkhan & Baktiyar Adamzhan

Act Two

Manon - Francesca Hayward & Alexander Campbell

Le Bourgeois - Daniil Simkin

Giselle - Shugyla Adepkhan & Joel Burke

Le Corsaire - Yasmine Naghdi & Cesar Corrales

Selfish Sons - Dynamite Studios

Selfish Sons - Juliet Doherty

Selfish Sons - BIG Grand Finale