Central Senior school auditions

Dragonlady

My DD also got through to the final audition! So despite being the two smallest there in the morning looks like No's 1 and 2 did well :D

Finals (for DD) are on Sunday 24th but I think there are also overseas auditions plus their finals (on same day) on the Saturday.

fingers crossed for those waiting for letters..... and sympathy to the 'No's' we know only too well those letters, but just keep trying.

T

• Like 10

Central did have an open day a week or so before the finals for the finalises (or did when DS auditioned a few years ago)when you got a tour, meet the teachers, pupils and chat. Notice for this though was very short only a couple of days.

Congrats for those through and wishing better luck next time for those that didn't.

Thank you everyone for your support - much appreciated :) and well done to your dd Dragonlady, my dd will look forward to seeing her again on 24th March, or at the open day.

Really feeling for those who didn't get a yes letter this time - we know what it's like...

• Like 3

Hi Pointytoes,

my dd says that the pointe work in the first audition is basic - rises, releves, echappes etc. and no pirouettes. As far as the academic report goes, my dd is home educated so perhaps someone else can let you know what they submitted.

Good luck with everything :)

• Like 2

Well done to those who have got through to the finals. I'm sorry to those who have had a no letter as it's hard when you get those.

The open day was, for us, at the beginning of March. Parents went with tutors and staff and DS went with Central students. We could ask all sorts of questions and queries that we had. Also think that we may have seen Year 3 - Ballet Central practice.

We asked the head teacher at DS school for an academic report and he sent it directly to Central, as I provided a SAE.

Congratulations to those through to finals and commiserations to those not so lucky.

Re academic report - I emailed the head initially and explained what DD hoped to do post 16 and that we would need references for her, some to be requested by the schools themselves not us. DD's school assigned her head of year to write references for all the schools she spplied for that asked for them. Most were sent direct to the schools but I know he lost the SAE for Central and that came back to us and was sent with the rest of her application.. It was basically a letter describing my DD's attitude to learning, school and behaviour. It said what subjects she was studying at GCSE and gave predicted grades - so basically a character reference with academic grades thrown in. Hope that helps.

• Like 2