Tring CBA class times/clashes

Ballet Power

2 hours ago, HertsBalletMum said:

Thanks for your reply - so, in your view, we should prioritise the Associate programme over EYB?  First-timers on both fronts!

I guess it’s up to you, but I’d try to go to Tring as much as possible. I would prioritise EYB show and rehearsals nearest the show week.  If that helps? 

3 hours ago, HertsBalletMum said:

Thanks for your reply - so, in your view, we should prioritise the Associate programme over EYB?  First-timers on both fronts!

We recently had a similar clash with EYB in Crawley - we missed the associates class on the first and last EYB weekend of rehearsals and arrived late for the middle two as went to associates. Hopefully if your associate classes are only every fortnight you shouldn’t miss to much. EYB very understanding.  

I emailed EYB because my daughter has a ballet exam on the morning of one of the rehearsals so she’ll be late - they were extremely understanding. We’re currently trying to work out what to do about her associate classes because two clash with the rehearsals (and she’d be really late if she did them) so we may do one and arrive late to EYB and skip one associate class. It’s only five weeks of rehearsals though so I’m more inclined to make sure she’s at those and then picks up the associate classes again afterwards.

Hoping someone with CBA experience can help a little - I'm looking for a bit more info on how the groups are organised e.g. numbers of students per group and typical age / ability level by group name eg Junior Girls 1 or 2 , Mid 1 or 2 girls - what level (or grades?)  / ages would typically be in those groups? Also, Is 1 or 2 a higher group? I'm guessing Prep 1 is the 8 year olds and seniors is the 16 year olds but other than that I'm pretty clueless 😆and would appreciate any insights! Thanks so much :)

When dd was at CBA, the numbers went from Group 1 (youngest/least experienced) to Group 6 (oldest/most experienced).  Groups 1, 2 and 3 were in the morning, Groups 4, 5 and 6 were in the afternoon.

As others have said, prioritising Associates over EYB is advisable, except for Dress/Technical rehearsals and shows.  If you’re upfront with both schemes, it shouldn’t cause too much of a problem.  Unlike Central, at least CBA is only every other Sunday so you shouldn’t miss too much.

• Anna C changed the title to Tring CBA class times/clashes
1 hour ago, Belle said:

Hoping someone with CBA experience can help a little - I'm looking for a bit more info on how the groups are organised e.g. numbers of students per group and typical age / ability level by group name eg Junior Girls 1 or 2 , Mid 1 or 2 girls - what level (or grades?)  / ages would typically be in those groups? Also, Is 1 or 2 a higher group? I'm guessing Prep 1 is the 8 year olds and seniors is the 16 year olds but other than that I'm pretty clueless 😆and would appreciate any insights! Thanks so much :)

The classes go on age plus ability and may not directly correlate to a particular exam grade so I wouldn't get too focused on which group your DC is in.  The training is going to be great regardless. 😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...