How do Capezio and Sansha flat ballet shoes fit?

invisiblecircus

10 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Hiya

we've had both! But only in the split sole! Found Capezio suitable for wider feet!

DD uses So Danca at voc school (split sole) lovely snug fit and true to size 

Hope that helps 🥰

i do like the capezio hamani split sole soft shoe  - and i have a wide foot  (xxxx grsihko pointes)  sizing  with soft shoes  can be variable also depends on whether the seller converts  the marked size to UK szies ! 

• Like 2

I find both brands to run small in length, even after their conversion into UK sizes. I have to go 1 to 1.5 sizes up from what Capezio's own website recommends. For Sansha, 0.5 to 1 size. 

I have extremely narrow feet (Grishko X and Capezio NN in pointe shoes) but N flat shoes in both Sansha and Capezio have been fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxi4ballet said:

No idea about Sansha, but Capezio use US sizing which is around 2 sizes smaller than UK. So if you are a size 4 you'd probably need a Capezio 6 or thereabouts, and they also do different widths.

At least in my experience, Capezio runs small even with the conversion - I'm a UK 4.5 and wear a Capezio 8!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meetmeatthebarre said:

At least in my experience, Capezio runs small even with the conversion - I'm a UK 4.5 and wear a Capezio 8!

altough as Uk 7.5 to 8   ( and 7 or 7.5 in many pointe shoe brands) i wear a capezio 10 in the split sole soft shoes but i do like them to be close fitting and there is soem stretch i nthe canvas plus either bare feet or  ballet tights not  normal socks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2021 at 11:41, invisiblecircus said:

These would be for my 9yo DD and the school has asked for full sole.

Useful to know Capezio is good for wider feet because my DD has very narrow feet!

For a narrow foot Chacott (a subsidiary of Freed? Certainly available mail order & in store st Freeds - very helpful on phone ) are great. Have had split sole canvas & they cone with elastics pre-sewn always just right! No idea if they do a full sole however. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 11:08, Dancing unicorn said:

Hiya

we've had both! But only in the split sole! Found Capezio suitable for wider feet!

DD uses So Danca at voc school (split sole) lovely snug fit and true to size 

Hope that helps 🥰

Ditto for my daughter - loved her Capezios for ages but with heavy use at vocational school has found them slipping off a bit; has just bought some So Danca to try.

Her Capezios were 1.5 sizes up from regular shoe.

• Like 2