ROH Volunteers

Interesting. I wonder how many of these are new positions (haven't looked at all of them). Or have a lot of people left? The ROH doesn't appear to be holding back on recruitment in spite of the financial situation created by the pandemic. 

15 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Is it unfair to suggest the ROH is rather top heavy in terms of "Managers"?

Have you got a full organisation chart to hand to make that  assessment?  

some of these posts are advertised as Managers , but a 40k salary  for a central London based  role  is really not that high  ( it's a little more than the  top increment band 5 / lower increment basic rate for band 6  under agenda for change in 'inner London' - but in both cases that  excludes any allowance for weekend and  evening  work  ) 

45 minutes ago, NJH said:

Have you got a full organisation chart to hand to make that  assessment?  

some of these posts are advertised as Managers , but a 40k salary  for a central London based  role  is really not that high  ( it's a little more than the  top increment band 5 / lower increment basic rate for band 6  under agenda for change in 'inner London' - but in both cases that  excludes any allowance for weekend and  evening  work  ) 

It wasn't an assessment, just a genuine question.

The ROH publishes a staffing Whos Who here  https://www.roh.org.uk/about/royal-opera-house/whos-who . There do seem to be a lot of "Heads" and "Managers".

I suppose, as you suggest, some of the post descriptions may be rather over-egged in terms of  actual status and responsibilities vs salary offered! 

• Like 2

Nothing to do with ROH but I had a query with a company this week about whether a facility had re-opened and the very comprehensive response I got said that so many of the staff had found other positions during furlough and had not come back so that they were actively recruiting to re-open.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Nothing to do with ROH but I had a query with a company this week about whether a facility had re-opened and the very comprehensive response I got said that so many of the staff had found other positions during furlough and had not come back so that they were actively recruiting to re-open.

this has been one of the problems for hospitality  

staff who went to work for other organisations  have  realised they can ear nthe same or more for more social hours etc... 

I know a chef  who pre- covid  all this went  from Sous somewhere reasonable prestigious for ' the provinces'  to  being a chef at a  large  (100 + beds across 4 units on one site) -run by one of the more premium chains- Nursing home and they said - while they  didn't  get to do the 'fine dining' stuff , they  still got to cook " british classics" with  good produce  and also  do some fun pastry chef stuff  ( as  there were always cakes and snacks available for  residents )   and had  a much more sociable set of working hours  (  as the Dinner Service was  out by  1800hrs  and even those on clean up were out the building  by 1930 )