ENBS acceptance emails and final ballet audition

Dancing

Hi, I’m writing as my last hope to see if anyone has experienced being accepted into the final of a school (this occasion ENBS) and haven’t received an email back with an answer (even though refusals and acceptances have been given?)

If not, does anyone have any idea what to do? (I have emailed and the response is it has been under review but that has been for one month now)

I don't have experience of this, and I don't know if ENBS operate a reserve list, but it seems to me that it could be a case of 'No news is good news.'

If they have said it is 'under review' then at least you know that the response hasn't been lost in the post.  They may be waiting to see what responses they get from their first round of offers, which I think were made at the beginning of April.  Most schools give people a few weeks to make up their mind.

Of course if you have other offers which need a decision it puts you in quite a difficult position.  

• Like 1

My DD was on reserve list with ENBS couple of years back and I went through my emails to give you answer. We did not hear back until all offers have been accepted and 1st term payment received from all students that they have been offered place. There are two deadlines 30th March for them to accept their places and 13th August to make payemnt of 1st term..
She has been placed high on the reserve list and the deadline for the students to accept their places was 30th March and begining of April they have emailed us Acceptance Form, DaDA Self Declaration Form, Guide for Accommodation, additional compulsory school fees, Finance Sheet, FAQ and payment details to fill because if an offer comes through after 13 August (second deadline for students acceptiing their places) which was the deadline you will have a very short time to complete all the necessary paperwork for DaDA assessment

By then she has accepted offer from another school anyway and we declined the space on reserve list.

Edited by FlexyNexy
Additional details

7 hours ago, FlexyNexy said:

My DD was on reserve list with ENBS couple of years back and I went through my emails to give you answer. We did not hear back until all offers have been accepted and 1st term payment received from all students that they have been offered place. There are two deadlines 30th March for them to accept their places and 13th August to make payemnt of 1st term..
She has been placed high on the reserve list and the deadline for the students to accept their places was 30th March and begining of April they have emailed us Acceptance Form, DaDA Self Declaration Form, Guide for Accommodation, additional compulsory school fees, Finance Sheet, FAQ and payment details to fill because if an offer comes through after 13 August (second deadline for students acceptiing their places) which was the deadline you will have a very short time to complete all the necessary paperwork for DaDA assessment

By then she has accepted offer from another school anyway and we declined the space on reserve list.

Thanks for that! May I ask were you sent the email that you were on the waiting list?

38 minutes ago, Dancing said:

Thanks for that! May I ask were you sent the email that you were on the waiting list?

Yes, they have sent email with attached letter thanking us for attending final audition and that she is put on high reserve list.  They said they will be in touch should space becomes available after 1st deadline and then after second deadline in August. 

• 2 months later...
On 20/04/2021 at 19:20, Dancing said:

Hi, I’m writing as my last hope to see if anyone has experienced being accepted into the final of a school (this occasion ENBS) and haven’t received an email back with an answer (even though refusals and acceptances have been given?)

If not, does anyone have any idea what to do? (I have emailed and the response is it has been under review but that has been for one month now)

If I understand correctly, you attended the final audition but haven’t received any outcome, ie not a yes, no or waiting list? I think at this stage that is totally unacceptable and I would go elsewhere!

On 08/07/2021 at 16:31, Sunshine girl said:

Could anyone give any advice how long a Dada takes to be approved  or rejected once you have submitted all the paperwork?

The schools manage the Dada so you need to contact the appropriate school and ask them. They are usually very approachable because understand it’s stressful for parents wanting to know their contribution. 

Thank you, yes, my DD was offered a dada and all paperwork submitted weeks ago, with no communication since, I was just wondering from anyone who has been through the process how long it normally takes to receive whether it has been granted or rejected.... 

From my recollection it varied year on year. We were told had Dada offer early on but waited some time to find out details of parental contribution. If you’ve been offered a Dada and are within the income bracket then it’s another frustrating waiting game.