BRB Online Fundraising Gala, 27th March

First I've heard of this was when I spotted it on the front page of BRB's website:

https://www.brb.org.uk/online-fundraising-gala

Pricey, but it sounds like a very special evening.

"We are thrilled to announce our first-ever Online Fundraising Gala on Saturday 27 March, 7pm

A chance to dress up, raise a glass and join like-minded supporters of Birmingham Royal Ballet for a very special evening, the first of its kind for the Company, raising money to continue and expand our Learning, Engagement, Access and Participation work in 2021.

We very much hope you will join us for what promises to be a fantastic evening with highlights including:

• A guide to the orchestra created with the Royal Ballet Sinfonia
  • Alessandra Ferri coaches César Morales and Yaoqian Shang rehearsing the Balcony Scene from Romeo and Juliet *
  • Marianela Núñez leads a masterclass with Momoko Hirata and Mathias Dingman who dance the Wedding pas de deux from Don Quixote *
  • A competition featuring our male dancers
  • Special messages from celebrity guests around the world, including Bryan AdamsDame Darcey BussellJasper CarrottChiwetel Ejiofor, Dawn French and Tony Iommi
  • An auction with exceptional prizes including a dance lesson with Carlos Acosta and the opportunity to conduct the Royal Ballet Sinfonia. Click here to find out more.

* As our guest you will be able to vote for the content you would like to see as part of the evening; all specially created artistic content will then be available for you to watch at your leisure

The evening will have many interactive moments, including break-out rooms where you will have the opportunity to speak with dancers, musicians and other members of the Company who are also in attendance.

Tickets are £100, or there are options to pay £175 or £250, which include additional donations for which we would be tremendously grateful. 

If you have any questions about the event please email ellacockerton@brb.org.uk.

We very much hope you will be able to join us for this special fundraising celebratory gala."

Of course, there is a Donate button on the BRB website for anyone who wants to support them.  I was looking for it last night when I found details of the gala.

And excuse my ignorance, but who's Tony Iommi?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alison said:

Of course, there is a Donate button on the BRB website for anyone who wants to support them.  I was looking for it last night when I found details of the gala.

And excuse my ignorance, but who's Tony Iommi?

The guitarist from Black Sabbath (known for being brilliant despite missing the top of one finger) who are from Birmingham.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 13:39, capybara said:

I find it odd not to have received an e-Mail.

But I am far more tempted to attend such an event online than I would be in the flesh. It’s a great idea.

I haven't had an e-mail either but I will endeavour not to hold it against the company.