RBS video audition for year 7 2021 entry

Lara Eschler

2 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

Ha!! Think your Dad may have missed the boat slightly...;) 

DD was watched all the way through I think if I’ve read it right (not sure how YouTube really works!) 

If you go into the analytics and click on where it looks like a triangle which shows it’s been watched then click on that and it will give you the total time . 

I do t read to much into length... a girl got JA’s last week and her 3 videos were only watched for a minute each !! They know straight away if it’s an instant “ yes” or instant “ no” . The maybes need more watching I’m guessing. 

2 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

We are one drive too had a good scout but couldn't see if you can check views.... probably a good thing in my case! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yup! I had a look too but decided it might risk that I'd delete the video by accident. Technology not my strong point 🤣 Think I can just about manage to check my email in February...!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How did everyone find the presentation on Zoom? I thought it was fantastic, really informative. I got such a lovely feeling from the staff who spoke, they come across as such genuine nurturing people and painted a wonderful picture of the school. The only downside is now my DS is even more desperate to go (which I didn’t think was possible!) and  it has made me hope a little bit more too, despite knowing the chance is so slim! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bunny said:

How did everyone find the presentation on Zoom? I thought it was fantastic, really informative. I got such a lovely feeling from the staff who spoke, they come across as such genuine nurturing people and painted a wonderful picture of the school. The only downside is now my DS is even more desperate to go (which I didn’t think was possible!) and  it has made me hope a little bit more too, despite knowing the chance is so slim! 

I also really enjoyed the presentation and it really seems like an amazing school. The academic side also seems outstanding. DS had a ballet zoom in another room so missed most of it unfortunately. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I also really enjoyed the presentation and it really seems like an amazing school. The academic side also seems outstanding. DS had a ballet zoom in another room so missed most of it unfortunately. 

Oh what a shame he missed it! Never mind, I will keep my fingers crossed he makes finals and can see and hear it all in person ☺️ I think they were so reassuring, they certainly made me feel that if my DS was lucky enough to gain a place that he would be very well cared for in my absence and that makes me feel so much better about letting him move away at such a young age.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Elmhurst preliminary will also be a video😥 

This was mentioned yesterday at their Q&A session following the audition workshop.  Thankfully it doesn’t look that different to the RBS video although there are a few differences.  We were hoping for face to face auditions here. Really feel sorry for the year 6 children they have missed out on so much of the process of auditioning. My DD was so looking forward to our road trips and attending auditions.  Let’s hope 2021 is more positive with the introduction of a vaccine.  Good luck to everyone filming both RBS or Elmhurst videos. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Elmhurst preliminary will also be a video😥 

Yes, gutted about this on receiving the email this morning but expected it I suppose. At least we can use some of the same footage as for Royal, but it’s filming new! Argh! x

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bunny said:

Yes, gutted about this on receiving the email this morning but expected it I suppose. At least we can use some of the same footage as for Royal, but it’s filming new! Argh! x

I will be editing the WL

video and just adding in the extra bits Elmhurst has asked for rather than doing a completely new video as also have one to do for Tring and that’s totally different too!! 😱😰

20 minutes ago, Bunny said:

My DS’s video was viewed yesterday, for 3 minutes and 46 seconds YouTube tells me! It’s made me even more nervous now to know it’s been seen! Ha x

My DD video was watched yesterday as well.  I am actually glad as I was getting worried that I had uploaded it wrong as it hadn’t been watched.  

19 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Luckily we can't tell as I sent it via one drive and I'm clueless with tech stuff lol x

I think you’ve done it the right way to be honest. It’s only another thing to stress about isn’t it! However hoping with them being reviewed so much earlier than the deadline perhaps we won’t have to wait right up until mid February to hear after all? Fingers crossed ☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ballet Dreams said:

My DD video was watched yesterday as well.  I am actually glad as I was getting worried that I had uploaded it wrong as it hadn’t been watched.  

Oh hooray! Yes if anything at least we know they’ve definitely managed to see them so that’s a positive. I wonder if they’re just reviewing them in the order they were sent in? x

4 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Oh hooray! Yes if anything at least we know they’ve definitely managed to see them so that’s a positive. I wonder if they’re just reviewing them in the order they were sent in? x

We sent my DD Video application on the 30th October the Friday of half term.  That’s why I was worried when other has said there had been watched I thought maybe they were watching them by centre the children were due to audition at.  My DD was due to audition in Bath.