Lulli leotard order experience?

Bex does ballet

I think you’ll pay VAT plus a handling charge to the courier which varies but is around £10 I think. It’s cheaper if you can order from somewhere that will allow you to prepay the excise duty when they post it as you then avoid the extortionate handling charge

I ordered 2 leotards from them recently -didn’t have to pay extra Import duty etc like you do if order from USA. Arrived quickly from Israel ( within 10 days) and I had to return one because of size- that was sorted very quickly too. Quality amazing - will definitely use them again. 

• Like 1

No experience of this particular brand sorry, but I have bought lots of stuff from outside of the EU over the yeas.  It seems to be quite random whether you get customs charges or not. I have had plenty of packages that have just been delivered with no questions asked, others that have been held until extra charges have been paid but not opened(you get a card through the door a bit like a failed delivery card telling you how much andd how to pay) and one or two where the package has been opened to see whether it actually is what the label says it is. One was a tutu which they had then seriously failed to get back into the box properly, so it was very obvious that it had been taken out and looked at.

I've tried to figure out whether there is any logic to it but have concluded that there isn't as I have had high value parcels sail through and cheap things stopped. Country of origin doesn't seem to make any consistent difference either. I suspect they just pick out parcels ar random. 

So you might get an extra bill, or you might not. I've never had a huge bill, but if you are worried it might be better to look for a UK stockist.

• Like 3

This webpage gives details of how the charges work

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Basically you have to pay VAT on goods over £15 + Customs duty on goods over £135 (the rate depends on where they come from).

And of course whether you get charged depends on what the sender puts on the customs declaration.

I think there is also a post office admin fee of £8.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pups_mum said:

No experience of this particular brand sorry, but I have bought lots of stuff from outside of the EU over the yeas.  It seems to be quite random whether you get customs charges or not. I have had plenty of packages that have just been delivered with no questions asked, others that have been held until extra charges have been paid but not opened(you get a card through the door a bit like a failed delivery card telling you how much andd how to pay) and one or two where the package has been opened to see whether it actually is what the label says it is. One was a tutu which they had then seriously failed to get back into the box properly, so it was very obvious that it had been taken out and looked at.

I've tried to figure out whether there is any logic to it but have concluded that there isn't as I have had high value parcels sail through and cheap things stopped. Country of origin doesn't seem to make any consistent difference either. I suspect they just pick out parcels ar random. 

So you might get an extra bill, or you might not. I've never had a huge bill, but if you are worried it might be better to look for a UK stockist.

13 hours ago, glowlight said:

This webpage gives details of how the charges work

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Basically you have to pay VAT on goods over £15 + Customs duty on goods over £135 (the rate depends on where they come from).

And of course whether you get charged depends on what the sender puts on the customs declaration.

I think there is also a post office admin fee of £8.

That's very interesting. Not knowing about the charges, I ordered a Leo from Lucky Leo in the US to be sent to my DD in the UK earlier this year and they ended up slapping VAT and a handling fee on it. By that time though she was back in Australia due to covid. It was a saga of waiting for it to be returned to sender and then LuckyLeo sent it to us here.