Tring - dance destinations at 16

Whiteduvet

Does anyone know anything about the destinations of dancers at Tring at 16? Do most go onto their own dance course? Is it possible to move from there to eg the RBS Upper School? 

Am liking the look of Tring: just don't know much about the standard of its dance training. Thanks. 

I have heard of at least two who joined RBS Upper from Tring in recent years, and at least two who joined WL from Tring, so it does happen.  In relation to the standard of training, you will find it very fascinating that the feedback you'll get would depend on who you ask 🙂  As with most other things, it can be very subjective.  I would suggest speaking to parents of current or past students who have first hand information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

I have heard of at least two who joined RBS Upper from Tring in recent years, and at least two who joined WL from Tring, so it does happen.  In relation to the standard of training, you will find it very fascinating that the feedback you'll get would depend on who you ask 🙂  As with most other things, it can be very subjective.  I would suggest speaking to parents of current or past students who have first hand information.

I don’t think it’s unfair to say that perhaps some had also had quite a lot of additional input in the way of associates and regular private lessons as well as lessons at Tring. Could be more about hours of ballet rather than the standard of the lessons being inferior though

On 08/10/2020 at 18:22, Peony said:

I don’t think it’s unfair to say that perhaps some had also had quite a lot of additional input in the way of associates and regular private lessons as well as lessons at Tring. Could be more about hours of ballet rather than the standard of the lessons being inferior though

Can you clarify, are you saying that Tring ballet lessons are inferior?  Feel free to PM if you would rather not post publicly 

No I’m not saying they are inferior at all. Just pointing out that some of the students being accepted by RBS from there have had significant amounts of additional input including RBS associates.  So it’s not totally straightforward. 
It may be the case that pupils of other vocational schools also take additional lessons?

1 hour ago, Peony said:

No I’m not saying they are inferior at all. Just pointing out that some of the students being accepted by RBS from there have had significant amounts of additional input including RBS associates.  So it’s not totally straightforward. 
It may be the case that pupils of other vocational schools also take additional lessons?

It’s definitely the case that pupils at other schools also attend other associates and take private lessons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

It’s definitely the case that pupils at other schools also attend other associates and take private lessons. 

Not without permission which, in my DD’s experience, was not granted. I think a number of students may attend other programmes without proper permission from their school!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peony said:

Thanks for clarifying, had me a little worried for a minute 😀

1 hour ago, dancefanatic said:

Not without permission which, in my DD’s experience, was not granted. I think a number of students may attend other programmes without proper permission from their school!

I think the schools know that it happens and ask people to ask permission, but clearly know not everyone does. I didn’t ask permission for my DS to attend anything, and the need hasn’t arisen with my DD yet (thanks once more to stupid covid!). 

45 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

I think the schools know that it happens and ask people to ask permission, but clearly know not everyone does. I didn’t ask permission for my DS to attend anything, and the need hasn’t arisen with my DD yet (thanks once more to stupid covid!). 

Unfortunately we were required to provide a letter of permission from her current vocational school to RBS which wasn’t forthcoming. But then with the state of current COVID infections I am quite relieved we gave back the place so she’s not travelling!! But agree some definitely attend without asking for permissions.