Eifman Ballet

Out-the-other-side

The minimum height for ladies is 5ft 7 in their audition ad and 6ft for men. 
Don’t know anything about the company but would be amazing to live in St Petersburg and there is a fair amount of info on their website about touring and repertoire etc. All the company members sound Russian 😕

Edited by cotes du rhone !
  • Like 1

You need to be tall. I know of someone    who auditioned and was a good fit -very tall, the right look, Russian-method trained, fluent speaker - and I think was with them for a few days doing auditions, taking class etc. They were clearly interested in her. But in the end it didn’t come to a job offer. I don’t know the exact particulars, though. 

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

The Eifman Ballet has an interesting repertoire.  It's worth looking through the old posts in the other sections of the forum to get an idea.

I just searched on Eifman and see that the auditions for this year have passed.

https://www.balletcoforum.com/search/?q=eifman&quick=1

They are re advertising on Network dance. Closing date is 1st Oct. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Millicent said:

That seems quite tall. Is that usual?

Quite tall for a ballet company - but most companies put height ranges in their call-outs because they need company members to fit in with the general look of the company at the time.  I guess it saves you the time of auditioning if you didn't stand a chance.

There are many companies which look for shorter dancers so it's swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

I am totally an Eifman groupie!   They are an amazing company!!  The dancers are incredible and appear to be able to dance anything that Eifman throws at them brilliantly.  The girls are indeed very tall with gorgeously long legs.  Eifman choeographs his ballets usually in two acts, with a lot of drama and different styles of dance, although it is obvious that they are all classically trained in Vaganova. The music is always a collage from a mixture of composers.  He brings new ballets every time his company tours and I think I've seen them all so far!  I imagine they're not touring this year for obvious reasons- just hope they're surviving............

• Like 1