London Studio Centre

junedancer

There are a lot of courses at LSC, Junedancer - which course are you referring to?  There’s nothing obvious on the website.  Could it be that they are simply having to limit the number of courses starting in September as part of the COVID-19 precautions - so not too many students are onsite at the same time? 

It is the FdA Professional Dance Performance where she planned to do a classical ballet pathway and then do a third year on the BA (Hons) Professional Performance (top-up).  She chose this over two other offers.  DD can't get out of her exactly what happened so I have come here to see if anyone knows anything happening at LSC.  DD is just finding it difficult to support her and I didn't know what to suggest.

8 minutes ago, DancingShoes said:

From what I understand the accreditation hasn't come through in time. My dd also has a friend in the same position. I don't know any more yet. Will let you know if I find out anything else. 

Thank you - this makes sense.  She just doesn't know what to do this year now.

On 28/08/2020 at 20:15, glowlight said:

@junedancer - has your dd's friend seen the press release @Jan McNulty has posted about Elmhurst late admissions.

If Elmhurst are offering late admissions it is possible other schools may be in the same position. 

This may be a ray of hope for her.

@junedancer, such an upsetting experience for your DD’s friend. 
NBS in Manchester are still considering late admission for this Sept. Whilst not a BA the school offers a 3yr Diploma Level 6 for both classical and jazz focus. 
Enquires with regards admission can be sent to enquiries@northernballetschool.co.uk. 
Term starts on the 14th but staff are available online. 
Checkout their FB page, they’ve taken the opportunity of the extended break to redecorate and relaunch the school. Exciting times ahead for the small but perfectly formed very friendly school

🤞🏼😊🙆‍♀️🙆🏻‍♂️🩰

ps. I’m a tad biased. You might have guessed 😃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, balletbean said:

NBS in Manchester are still considering late admission for this Sept. Whilst not a BA the school offers a 3yr Diploma Level 6 for both classical and jazz focus. 
Enquires with regards admission can be sent to enquiries@northernballetschool.co.uk. 
Checkout their FB page, they’ve taken the opportunity of the extended break to redecorate and relaunch the school. Exciting times ahead for the small but perfectly formed very friendly school

🤞🏼😊🙆‍♀️🙆🏻‍♂️🩰

the studios  at the Dancehouse  are lovely  especially the  big two on the top floor 

9 hours ago, balletbean said:

🤞🏼😊🙆‍♀️🙆🏻‍♂️🩰

Thank you so much - this maybe a better match than Elmhurst - we will definitely pass this on.

On 31/08/2020 at 19:34, NJH said:

the studios  at the Dancehouse  are lovely  especially the  big two on the top floor 

The pupils are so excited. Staff have posted  Pics as teasers for the pupils to show the changes. Looking so bright and fresh. Just heightens their excitement to return. 

• Like 1