MOVE IT 2020 (now cancelled)

alison

Next weeks London Book Fair has just been cancelled....massive blow to publishing industry....huge repercussions if more of these sort of these get canned  to finances of many of us I expect 😲

Edited by Peanut68
Add

When my DD was smaller we used to go every year...as the time has progressed Move It just lost the spark. In my opinion at least. Last year was my last time I have attended and if my DD was in UK I would not allow her to go. I am not panicky or hysterical person (I have only 4 rolls of toilet paper in my cupboard) but the environment is just too sweaty and messy. I guess it is going ahead and classed as "safe" because it is national event rather international so not many international students/families are attending.

Just had the email:

It is with great regret that Upper Street Events has today decided that, as a result of the evolving Covid-19 situation, it is no longer possible for us to hold MOVE IT 2020 this weekend.

We have been following UK Government guidelines and working with the rolling advice from Public Health England and other organisations, but it is now with much sadness that we have taken the decision to postpone the event.  The safety and wellbeing of our staff, exhibitors, visitors, partners and contractors is of the utmost importance to us, and therefore feel the protection and prevention of harm to all involved is vital to this decision.

We love MOVE IT and we love this community and we’ve been carefully listening to the feedback we’ve been receiving from visitors, exhibitors and participants.  Until this morning the community has been overwhelmingly in support of the event continuing as planned. Since the announcement by the World Health Organisation on the evening of 11th March, which has labelled Covid-19 a pandemic, that sentiment has understandably changed.  We have a duty to safeguard everyone who plays a part in making MOVE IT happen and, as such, we have reached this difficult decision. 

We are currently working with ExCeL to look at options to reschedule MOVE IT to a later date. Tickets will be valid for a rescheduled event. If you are unable to make the new date, a refund will be issued.  We will be in touch over the next week to update you on the situation. 

We are sincerely sorry that we have had to make this incredibly difficult decision and thank you for bearing with us at this uncertain time. 

Team MOVE IT

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to MOVE IT 2020 (now cancelled)