ELMHURST FINALS

charlie4dancin

Can anyone help with possible timings for the finals please? Did anyone go to the y7 final last year? We just want to try and sort out trains/hotels thank you... ;)

Cx

My DD went to the Yr 7 finals 2 years ago and we needed to be there by 9.30 latest and I remember picking her up at 3.30 although they had said it could be 4pm. Hope that helps!

Hi C4D - I remember that we had a tour of the accommodation and a chat with the housekeeper, which took us up to about 10.30/11am. We then had to leave and not come back until the end. If you are driving you can of course go into the city centre for the rest of the day. Your other option is to take the bus from outside the school - I am sure other parents have taken this option and could advise on bus numbers, pick-up/drop offs etc.

We went to Ikea - took one of the other mums who was on her own :D

We were there for finals 5 years ago so I have hazy memories of it now, but I do remember the look on one of the mum's faces when it became clear that there were a handful of us there from WL with children who had been "assessed out" - she had no idea that could happen and thought once they were in a school that was it.

The other thing I remember was being made to feel very welcome (and that I thought the boys' boarding houses could do with a lick of paint - I'm still not impressed with the grey corridors!).

Have a great day everyone and best of luck :)

Hi ladies (and some gents maybe?), I didn't realise we would be told to go away and come back but I suppose it makes sense really. Especially if the school is trying to function normally that day. Does anybody know if it is the same for WL finals? Thanks x

Hi Peach 3, When we went to WL finals for girls y7 on a Saturday last year you were allowed to stay at the school in the upper dinning room area, however you will need to take your own packed lunch and drinks. Tea/coffee and buscuits are provided on arrival, but its a very long day. Not sure about finals on a Friday when its a regular school day (last year that was for Boys and y 8 and 9 girls, the year before all lower school girls were on the Saturday, it depends on how many they take to finals).

Wishing everyone Good Luck for the finals.

NL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our letter arrived in the Easter holidays same day as the Central letter, they do take an awful long time to let you know, it can't take them this long to decide.

Good luck to all still waiting.