Rambert school - travel advice

annaliesey

Hi everyone 

im trying to plan a journey driving in to Twickenham, Rambert School but am freaking a bit as a) I hate driving to busy and unfamiliar areas and b) need to avoid rugby traffic and c) not get stung for overly steep parking charges 

Can anyone give advice on best routes? 

I looked at at parking at Heathrow and getting bus in but park and ride from there looks bit confusing and expensive.

is there anywhere else that’s a good option to drive then park and tube or park and bus? 

It will be a Saturday 

thanks in advance 

Where are you travelling from as this may help people suggest best options. 

I actually drove into London on that main route with Twickenham Rugby Stadium to the left on a Rigby Saturday.... if you can time it to during the match traffic is virtually non existent going by last week anyhow! Imagine it was manic before & after game so timings will be critical!! 

• Like 1

We find North Ealing tube station car park to be very cheap, I think we paid £4.50 for the day back in March. According to maps it’s about 50minutes to Rambert. 

Keen to hear of any other cheap parking options!

I’m a very confident driver everywhere but central London, North Ealing is nicely within my comfort zone, minimal traffic minimal stress!

Edited by Bluebird22
  • Like 1

There is a large car park in Richmond next to old deer park, and Rambert is a 15 minute walk from there. 

It’s easily accessible from 316. You can then walk across Richmond Green, across the bridge and you’re virtually there. I would avoid public transport unless you can time it for exactly when the match is on.

• Like 1

Hello I used to do this journey every week at one time. From the M3 J1 at Sunbury, take the A316 Chertsey Road. Turn left into St Margaret’s Road  and then right into St Margaret’s Drive. At the weekend there is loads of unrestricted on street parking by the school. Never had a problem finding an easy space.

• Like 2

I was just about to say the shame as crystalips, I have done the journey a few times, just as described above, always at the weekend, on at least one occasion on a match day, obviously you’ll need to allow extra time for traffic on a match day but I’ve never had any trouble parking right outside on the street

• Like 2

Thanks again everyone. In the end I weighed it up and decided to take us in on public transport as figured if DD was successful or wanted to do things there in future then it would be good for her to learn the route beforehand so she could travel independently.

• Like 1

Thank you Crystaltips she had a great time and totally in love with the place based on the few hours she had there :) 

its so quiet and calm around there. You’d never guess from their building there was all the rugby going on until it was time to get on the trains :) Vauxhall was rammed 

• Like 1