Tring Summer Dance-tap??

Hazel

Hi..my daughter is interested in the Tring summer (dance not musical theatre) course but she’s never done tap. Can’t find info on site as to if it’s necessary- anyone know? The only course requisite is ballet but then it asks for you to list experience in tap/jazz/contemporary etc.

Thanks!

She’ll be almost 10 and she’s thinking of auditioning for Tring etc in a year or so so it would be nice to see if she can cope for a few nights away and also see the school a bit

My DD has done Tring’s Easter intensive (which I’m assuming is probably timetabled similar to the summer intensive), day of dance as well as the ballet intensive recently.  The form often asks what genres the child has done/is doing and although she brought her tap shoes with her to the day of dance and Easter intensive, I don’t think she ever had the need to use them.  Do contact Tring though as they’re always very lovely and quick to respond to any queries.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hazel said:

@Bankerchauffeurstylistfan How old is your dd? Did she board? Did she like it? But nervous as mine wants to board but she won’t know anyone else who is going..,,

@Hazel she was only 8 at the time so didn’t board but her friends 9 and above did and they absolutely loved it. They make friends so quickly and the pastoral side of things is always raved about during these courses as being superb from what I’ve heard. My DD also kept going on about how amazing the food was. Don’t worry about your DD not knowing anyone, I’m sure she will make friends very quick. My DD didn’t think she’d know anyone but as we are slowly finding out these days, the dance world is so small she always finds other kids she knows! 

• Like 1

If my daughter goes she will be just under 8 1/2.  She won't know anyone at all, or even recognise anyone, as we live hours away!! I'm hoping the other children will be friendly! Sure they will be. 

To anyone whose children have been before, is there an element of choice to the workshops? And do they closeness in advance or once they are there? If anyone has a rough timetable that would be brilliant. I've been in contact with Tring, but with it being Bank Holiday weekend I am not expecting a response until Tuesday. 

How many children are usually on the course? 

Thank you everyone. @Hazel sorry to jump on your thread. I could start a new one if you prefer? 

My DD went to the musical theatre course last summer. She was older at 13 yrs, but knew NO ONE! she was put in a dorm with 6/7 other girls of a similar age, and none of them knew anyone else there. (they were all from all over the place! - we're from Yorkshire, and one girl was from Germany!) They made friends quickly, and the first night back home after the course ... they were all up all night facetiming each other! the house parents were great too.

There were 3 'groups' within the course ... junior/inter/senior and i would say probably about 30-40 in each group ... ish ish!

DD was interested in the dance course too, but it ran a different week, so she had to choose. She was a bit disappointed as there wasn't much actual dance, just a bit of 'movement' in her group ... but they were told that apparently their group didn't really have 'dancers' in it! This was despite being asked to list what dance she does on the application form! There was no tap at all in the musical theatre course.  She enjoyed it though.

Edited by Pixiewoo
spelling!
  • Like 1