Recommendations for where to stay for Central

Dance*is*life

https://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Accommodation/Rosebery-Hall/Rosebery-Hall.aspx

This is a link to LSE student accommodation.  This only shows the Christmas holidays at present, but they are available in the summer holidays too.  Great location and great value.  Other student accommodation can be found with Liberty Living who have various blocks in London.

https://www.libertyliving.co.uk/

• Like 1

I was going to recommend Premier Inn to the mother, but some of them are more expensive than others.  I'll mention Old Street then. Is that the nearest Premier Inn to Central do you know?  What is the nearest tube station?  I visited years ago and simply don't remember. Thanks so much for your help!

I thought we already had a thread about this but I can't find it.

There are 2 Travelodges that I think are within a reasonable walk of Central:

The Royal Scot on Kings Cross Road and a couple of hundred yards away The Faringdon Travelodge on Faringdon Road (which is the continuation of Kings Cross Road.  I have stayed in both (they are also very handy for Sadler's Wells) and they are fine.

• Like 1

I often stay at Rosebery Hall in the vacation when I'm doing work in London archives. The rooms are standard single rooms & some doubles, with kitchens for doing your own food, + breakfast in the price. 

And about a 15 or 20 minute easy walk to Central. You're about 3 minutes from Sadler's Wells.

It's a quiet bit of central London, with some interesting areas to walk through. 

Also stay a lot in the Royal Scot Travelodge at Kings Cross - again, an easy walk to Central, and I always feel safe walking back after evening classes there (at around 9pm). The Vietnamese restaurant across the road is excellent!

Edited by Kate_N
  • Like 1