Paris Opera Ballet at the Bastille

I have just booked tickets to see Paris Opera Ballet in Nureyev's Cinderella at the Bastille at the end of November  I can't find any casting information as yet  - any idea when this will become available?

Also, I have not been to the Bastiile before, any tips about enjoying the building and the like?

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Paris Opera Ballet at the Bastille
32 minutes ago, toursenlair said:

casting info at POB is usually quite late... 2 weeks before.

Thank you. I am so used to ROH providing such advance notice - are they unusual in the extent they do this compared to other leading companies?

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Thank you. I am so used to ROH providing such advance notice - are they unusual in the extent they do this compared to other leading companies?

It's more the exception than the rule for ballet companies to announce casting much in advance. RB and ABT are exceptions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I have just booked tickets to see Paris Opera Ballet in Nureyev's Cinderella at the Bastille at the end of November  I can't find any casting information as yet  - any idea when this will become available?

Also, I have not been to the Bastiile before, any tips about enjoying the building and the like?

• The Bastille Opera is very different from the Garnier- as austere as the Garnier is over ornate and with a less intimate feel, in fact I always find it cold whilst the Garnier is surprisingly intimate. To find your seat the key thing is to go to the right door (indicated on your ticket- although in a few cases a different door may be more convenient if you wish to move in the intervals).
  • Seats are comfortable, with plenty of legroom and most seats have good sight lines
  • There is a small shop but the shop at the Garnier is much bigger and more comprehensive. Casts lists ('la distribution'') are free and given to you by the usher who shows you your seat. Programmes are expensive, but very informative if you read French, with photos of the casts performing, as well as earlier photos.
  • There are good, free facilities for leaving coats and baggage
  • Snacks and drinks are dear but there is a very wide range of cafes and restaurants nearby, including an adjacent good mid-price restaurant, Les Grande Marches
  • Transport is good. Lots of buses very close (you often are joined on the bus by dancers) and several metro lines
  • recently casting has come out several weeks in advance (years ago it was available at time of booking, then it was very last moment)
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, SheilaC said:
  • The Bastille Opera is very different from the Garnier- as austere as the Garnier is over ornate and with a less intimate feel, in fact I always find it cold whilst the Garnier is surprisingly intimate. To find your seat the key thing is to go to the right door (indicated on your ticket- although in a few cases a different door may be more convenient if you wish to move in the intervals).
  • Seats are comfortable, with plenty of legroom and most seats have good sight lines
  • There is a small shop but the shop at the Garnier is much bigger and more comprehensive. Casts lists ('la distribution'') are free and given to you by the usher who shows you your seat. Programmes are expensive, but very informative if you read French, with photos of the casts performing, as well as earlier photos.
  • Snacks and drinks are dear but there is a very wide range of cafes and restaurants nearby, including an adjacent good mid-price restaurant, Les Grande Marches
  • Transport is good. Lots of buses very close (you often are joined on the bus by dancers) and several metro lines
  • recently casting has come out several weeks in advance (years ago it was available at time of booking, then it was very last moment)

Thank you so much SheilaC. That’s really helpful.

12 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Lucky you! I would love to go.....

10 hours ago, SheilaC said:

Thanks for this - Has the situation regarding baggage changed? Last time I was at Palais Garnier, the cloackroom was not accepting bags, and the FAQ at:

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/practical-informations/faq says:

Free cloakrooms are available on various floors of both theatres. Travel bags and suitcase are not allowed.

53 minutes ago, Yaffa said:

Thanks for this - Has the situation regarding baggage changed? Last time I was at Palais Garnier, the cloackroom was not accepting bags, and the FAQ at:

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/practical-informations/faq says:

Free cloakrooms are available on various floors of both theatres. Travel bags and suitcase are not allowed.

Sorry Yaffa, I'd forgotten the luggage issue following all the terrorist attacks. I've not been there since July so don't have recent experience but the POB FAQ answer is very likely to be correct still.