recommendations for ballet/dance schools in Central or South London

Tiredtoes

Due to a number of scheduling factors for the autumn term my DD wont be able to get to classes in the week at her current school. Can anyone recommend a good school in central or South London with classes Grade 5 and above?  I have a little one too so difficult to travel too far in the week. RAD, ISTD or free syllabus is fine. Just somewhere with good teachers and an opportunity to progress to higher classes. 

Thanks in advance!

All three above are particularly good.

There is also BBO ( British Ballet Organisation) headquarters in Battersea near to RAD. They are in a fab location right next to the river literally but only have two studios. They are running a summer course for young students  there though. There are other BBO teachers throughout London though including south London.

They have a large fab kitchen and rest area which opens right onto the river. 

Buses stop at the stop just  before the huge Vauxhall ( hang on maybe Wandsworth) roundabout ( will check) 

Its also walkable from the 170 bus stop as it turns off the big main road to go down to Clapham Junction( by the park there) 

As an aside the new RAD headquarters will be at the same bus stop when it's finished!! ( sorry such a London bus nerd as I now rarely travel by tube I could nearly ( not quite) go on Mastermind on London bus routes and have a brilliant map full of info.....though of course phone Apps are probably are very good on this now!! 

• Like 2

It's the big Wandsworth Roundabout for the Wandsworth Bridge Road over the Thames!!

I have several friends who attend classes with Sander Blommaert(ex Royal Ballet dancer) at the BBO headquarters and they are NOT bus users like me and find the station Wandsworth Town just the other side of that roundabout very useful indeed!!

Though for me personally Clapham Junction a five min bus ride away is particularly useful for either Brighton or Islington ( my London stay place) with the new overground at Clapham connecting right across London!! 

Ive fallen in love with the river here ( Battersea Reach) and a friend and I are going to start at Wandsworth Bridge and see how far we can walk along the Thames Path towards central London in a couple of weeks time!! I think you can walk the other way too towards Barnes.

Sorry bit off topic but our teacher in Brighton has just taken his final exams at BBO and four of us were part of a video for the choreographic section of his exam and also went to see Sanders show at the Headquarters a couple of weeks back!! 

Thank you for the recommendations! Heard great things about Masters and WLSD but they are are too difficult for us to get to midweek. Is Natalia Kremen Vaganova too? Do you think is difficult to transition from RAD and ISTD to Vaganova? Sorry but I’m clueless on these things. DD has been doing RAD and ISTD midweek with Associates on the weekend. RAD HQ and BBO are both near us so I’ll look into them too thanks!! Has anyone taken classes at RAD? 

1 hour ago, Tiredtoes said:

Thank you for the recommendations! Heard great things about Masters and WLSD but they are are too difficult for us to get to midweek. Is Natalia Kremen Vaganova too? Do you think is difficult to transition from RAD and ISTD to Vaganova? Sorry but I’m clueless on these things. DD has been doing RAD and ISTD midweek with Associates on the weekend. RAD HQ and BBO are both near us so I’ll look into them too thanks!! Has anyone taken classes at RAD? 

My teenage daughter is in June Mitchell's classes at RAD HQ (Advanced non-Syllabus and Advanced 2). She absolutely adores Miss Mitchell and thinks the teaching is excellent.  

• Like 1

Danceworks Ballet Academy students always look lovely, happy, & well taught. Very central (5 minutes from Bond Street tube). And I've been taught by some of their teachers, or done class with them - they're lovely & excellent teachers.

http://www.danceworks-academy.net/

I think they do shows as well - choreographed ballets.

Edited by Kate_N