Plus size ballet wear

cavycapers

Roch Valley and Sancha both stock a (very) limited range of ballet gear in size 6 (14/16) and size 7 (18) on their websites. If you wanted something like a chiffon practice skirt, there are a lot of artistic folk who make them to order. There is a thread on here about practice skirts.

3 hours ago, mnemo said:

Roch Valley and Sancha both stock a (very) limited range of ballet gear in size 6 (14/16) and size 7 (18) on their websites. If you wanted something like a chiffon practice skirt, there are a lot of artistic folk who make them to order. There is a thread on here about practice skirts.

Skirts flicflac on etsy or just jess on ebay.  Both Katharine ( flicflac) and Jess are lovely to deal with and their work is of good quality.

Dancewear 6/7/8 size leos and unis Dancing in the street / Starlite and Arabesque as well.

Edited by Nicola H
  • Like 1

For our shows we use mainly "Revolution" I don't think it's US based ....we certainly seem to be dealing with some outlet in the UK anyway

Michelle Richer has an account with them and knows a lot about this company but I'm impressed as finding costumes to fit my size 16/18 ( in dance wear) size is a great relief!! 

• Like 1

On 28/10/2017 at 07:46, cavycapers said:

Hi, I am looking for size 18 performance ballet wear.  I can see loads of sites in the US that cater for larger sizes, but very few in the UK.  Does anyone know of a good source in the uk please?

So Danca Size 7 will do you well & have some gorgeous leo's, Mirella (Bloch) sometimes do XL in their limited editions which most of the time fit me (I'm about an 18 too) but they go SO fast, I did a little blog about this a year ago https://transdancers.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/adult-attire/ hope this helps x

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sarahw said:

I think the ballet sizing is downright dangerous. It runs the risk of telling vulnerable young dancers that they're a lot bigger than they actually are.

oohh don't get me started on this, my partner runs a dancewear shop & some of the sizing is just so damaging, once they get out of age size to petite / extra small / small / medium / large it's horrible that most of the tiny things she see's are a "medium" or "large" & you can see it on their faces when they're told they're that size, she always points out how crazy it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colman said:

Dance belts start at a S - suitable for a big nine year old, apparently - up to an XL, suitable for big forty six year old. I have no idea what sense that makes. Does women's stuff use the same convention? 

it depends on the manufacturer, I've seen people in a Block Small be an XL in another maker, Grishko Leo's are rare but that follow a very hard sizing standard.