National youth ballet 2017

tattielashes

1 hour ago, tattielashes said:

Last year the initial audition was only between 11-12.  The recall in London was 10- 1 I think, but they did ask you to be available until 2pm 

Thank you tattielashes, what age is your DC?  I assume they audition each age group separately.  DD's friend's Mum has now asked if we can take her DD as she has to work that day.  As I haven't told DD there might be a problem they have assumed we will be going.  I am now thinking that even if we can make it her friend may not be at the same time.  How approachable are the NYB staff?

Edited by Newdancermum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed in a few days ago as I have to book (increasingly pricey) trains and, depending on times, a hotel as well, and they said they wouldn't know the times until they had final numbers for each age group but would let us know asap after the closing date. Hoping to be able to day trip it and that the fares aren't too extortionate!

18 minutes ago, Yrosered said:

I emailed in a few days ago as I have to book (increasingly pricey) trains and, depending on times, a hotel as well, and they said they wouldn't know the times until they had final numbers for each age group but would let us know asap after the closing date. Hoping to be able to day trip it and that the fares aren't too extortionate!

Thanks Yrosered, at least I know there is nothing I can do until the week of the audition.  We are too late to back out of the exam and anyway she will need the extra session so what will be will be.

23 hours ago, Newdancermum said:

Thank you tattielashes, what age is your DC?  I assume they audition each age group separately.  DD's friend's Mum has now asked if we can take her DD as she has to work that day.  As I haven't told DD there might be a problem they have assumed we will be going.  I am now thinking that even if we can make it her friend may not be at the same time.  How approachable are the NYB staff?

My daughter will be 11 at the summer school time. How old is your DD?? The junior company timings are as above but main cast have to stay longer. They are v approachable in my experience.

3 hours ago, tattielashes said:

My daughter will be 11 at the summer school time. How old is your DD?? The junior company timings are as above but main cast have to stay longer. They are v approachable in my experience.

Thanks I will contact them as the girls may, as I suspected, be in different groups.

• 2 weeks later...