Dance / ballet school Birmingham/Sutton Coldfield area

Liv56

There's Arabesque school and Julie Johnson in Sutton Coldfield. I have no experience of either of these but they gave been going for quite a while. Otherwise, there are open classes for all ages at the Dance Xchange in Birmingham or Annette Nicolson in Digbeth, excellent teachers. I am an older dancer so do the adult classes. I don't know what age range you are looking for.

Hi Liv56 - welcome aboard.

If you're an adult looking to do ballet for fun, then DX is great. We're back next week and there are classes Monday to Friday evenings, with varying degrees of difficulty, so they cater for everybody. The studios are nice and warm, and they do limit the numbers in class. It can get a bit crowded though. Most of the teachers are ex-BRB (which is an added bonus for me as I well remember then being on stage and they are still fab to watch). Parking can be a bit of a problem - I park on Bristol Street (free) , or there is a car park directly opposite or the Arcadian.  Click here for DX classes. Maybe I'll see you there?

Siobhan Collins-McCarthy used to teach at the MAC although sadly they don't run ballet classes any longer, which is a pity as they have a car park. Her classes were quite technical, and she was very quick on the corrections. I haven't been to her school so I can't comment on the studios.

Nicholson School of Dance - I haven't been taught by Annette, but I have taken classes in the studios, which are gorgeous. It's quite easy to park there - there is some onsite parking or the side street across. She has some little cubicles to change in.

The Dance Workshop in Moseley runs adult classes on Tuesday. I did Suzanne's intermediate for a while - very technical, but as always excellent corrections. The studio isn't a bad size and there are quite good changing rooms. They have a cafe too.

Richardz in Rubery has an adult class on Monday nights. The studio is tiny, but there aren't many in the class. I went briefly over the summer break, until I discovered Suzanne's above. The class is very basic and it's a very short class too. Change in the toilet.

I don’t know if this is of interest but RAD Adult Associates at Elmhurst 249 Bristol Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B5 7UH, these are non-syllabus classes which start a new term Sunday 5 Feb, closing date for applications 16th Jan. I do all 4 classes as it over a hundred miles car journey for me from home. For details and booking, follow the link : https://www.rad.org.uk/events/adult-associate-classes-1

Oh sorry - it wasn't clear from your opening post.

In that case, I'd recommend Annette Nicholson - central Birmingham location. Ms Nicholson is a wonderful teacher & coach. She's a former BRB solist, and an all round wonderful artist.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone i do currently train with Annette for privates and a group class and she's fanatic ! But I'm looking for a dance / ballet school do shows with and to of course carry on my grades with . Because Annette is great but the other one I'm at doesn't seem to be helping me , that is why I want to find another dance schools so it can push me more ! Thank you again ❤️