Tring Summer dance course

Lemongirl

Unfortunately it's now full.  I have put dd's name down on the reserve list.

Does anyone know if places do become available based on previous years?  Do people sometimes pull out due to other commitments?  I think NYB is around the same time, have their results come out yet?

I suppose that sadly, a student may have to cancel due to illness or injury.

If no places come up, Herts Summer Dance School is around that time, and although it's new this year it has some super teachers (including Helen Brewer) - you've missed the early bird rate but they may have some places.

Just checked NYB dates - they finish rehearsing on 23rd Aug (day before Tring dance course starts) but their performance dates are later that week.  So it doesn't look like someone would be able to do both...?

I've just been looking at this because older DD has NYB casting this Sunday and younger DD has a place on Tring dance course. The rehearsals in Crawley are 25th-27th so I assume I'd have to stay there?

Anyone wanting to do NYB would have to give up a place at Tring of they had one as far as I can see

I've just been looking at this because older DD has NYB casting this Sunday and younger DD has a place on Tring dance course. The rehearsals in Crawley are 25th-27th so I assume I'd have to stay there?

Anyone wanting to do NYB would have to give up a place at Tring if they had one as far as I can see

Edited by angel

No final casting day may mean that a child isn't cast or indeed is cast in a part they don't feel is the right one for them.. There may be movement if a child has both options

Edited by angel
  • Like 1

Is that the Harpenden one Anna?  Dd did it a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  But we're looking for something residential ideally, less running around for me!

No, Harpenden sadly is not running. :-( I've been looking at the Herts one as a replacement this year, especially as it has the added bonus of Helen teaching. :-) Not residential but in Hertford with free parking.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's now full. I have put dd's name down on the reserve list.

Does anyone know if places do become available based on previous years? Do people sometimes pull out due to other commitments? I think NYB is around the same time, have their results come out yet?

My DD had just been offered a place from the reserve list so it looks like there is some movement.

• Like 1