Funny anecdote

I was watching a street entertainer in Covent Garden once. He picked me out of the crowd to come and dance the Tango with him. I don`t know anything about the Tango,and clearly he didn`t either,but we were just messing about. He whispered to me that when he bends me over at the end he wanted me to raise my leg up in the air. Of course at the end ,my leg went straight up. Everyone cheered,but you should have seen the look on his face. He looked proper put out that he had been upstaged by a teenager !

• Like 9

When I lived and worked in Bulgaria I was a member of a Bulgarian Folk dance group, I trained several times a week for 3 hours at a time. At the end of term we took a group of kids from our international school to Varna for a field trip and one night we went to a tourist restaurant where there was a display of dancing. One of the young men in the group picked me to go up on stage to "try and do the dance", you should have seen the faces of the group when I not only knew the steps but was able to keep up with the steps of a very fast dance! #don't always presume that someone who is speaking English is a tourist!

• Like 6

If you are a school coming home from a trip on the ferry & you decide to start teasing the kids from another school don't challenge them to a dance off.

You might accidentally pick a group of kids from a full time vocational dance school!

This is brilliant!! Dd phoned me last night when they were getting off the ferry. Had a good old chuckle

• Like 2

When DD was about 13 we went to see a show' one of the performers was her salsa teacher (who was a terrible tease) - she has been doing salsa for about 5 years then (holiday clubs & workshops)

He pulled her up on the stage and held her hand - pointing at the two of them (tall cuban salsa man, little girl) and put his thumbs up the crowd roared no, he did it again, the crowd laughed

He swung her hand round turning her in to perfect salsa hold (bum out) and they did a three minute set - the crowd went wild

It's about not expecting what you get ;)

Pictures DH was in fits of laughter over your story - he said you could make it into a film :P

• Like 2